YSF Link Manager added to dashboard

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
PA2TSL

YSF Link Manager added to dashboard

Post by PA2TSL »

Hello Andrew,

I have made the update/upgrade to get the most recent version 4.1.1.
I have noticed that the admin dashboard has a new entry bar (YSF Link Manager) which is very useful for changing reflectors similar to D-Star!
This is a great addition which save quite some time (not having to change to config - change the reflector - apply - go back to the dashboard).
In addition, you can simply disconnect from the reflector (can be useful for testing).
However, the web page lay-out is not correct: the right part of this new bar exceeds the limit of the border.
It is just a cosmetic issue so it can probably fixed easily.
Anyway, thanks for the new feature!
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: YSF Link Manager added to dashboard

Post by MW0MWZ »

Thanks for the feedback, max field length has now been tamed to stop that happening.
Please update and see if that works better for you.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

Nice addition - thanks and thanks for the update.
I've noticed also, however, that the Link Manager only shows on the ADMIN page when Startup Host is set to None in the config.
So for lots of people having a startup set, this feature won't ever be visible or usable.
Is this by design? or would you like to include it no matter what you choose as startup?
thanks
Alan
VK1AO
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

VK2FMET wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:28 am I've noticed also, however, that the Link Manager only shows on the ADMIN page when Startup Host is set to None in the config.
Have been un-able to replicate that behaviour, are you sure that is the case? After the update to get the new feature, you have to press apply in the config page (don't need to change anything) in order to add some extra config before the link manager will show up - but i tested with it set to none, and a random YSF reflector, and a random FCS room, and Parrot - it shows up like it should do in all cases.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

OK - well - 2 hotspots. One with None and one with a Room selected as startup.
Updated each and from there I went to Admin page - I did not Apply anything since I was on the page with green scripting update.
The None one came back with Manager, the other one with a Startup didn't show until I went to the Config page, selected None and applied.

It may be the sequnce of missing Apply - but there appeared to be nothing TO apply and one came up the other not. Anyway I'm sure you're right.
Alan
VK1AO
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

MW0MWZ wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:15 pm Thanks for the feedback, max field length has now been tamed to stop that happening.
Have all the updates and still seeing this Andy. The Request Change button sits with the 'n' of Change just inside the border.
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

G8SEZ wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:51 pm
MW0MWZ wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:15 pm Thanks for the feedback, max field length has now been tamed to stop that happening.
Have all the updates and still seeing this Andy. The Request Change button sits with the 'n' of Change just inside the border.
Can I have a screenshot pls, and let me know what browser you are using.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

VK2FMET wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 am OK - well - 2 hotspots. One with None and one with a Room selected as startup.
Updated each and from there I went to Admin page - I did not Apply anything since I was on the page with green scripting update.
The None one came back with Manager, the other one with a Startup didn't show until I went to the Config page, selected None and applied.

It may be the sequnce of missing Apply - but there appeared to be nothing TO apply and one came up the other not. Anyway I'm sure you're right.
Even tho nothing changed, head to the config page, and press apply, doing that adds some config to the setup that is required to make it work, if that config is not present, the Link manager will not show up, it will not matter what your startup host is set to.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Screenshot 2020-05-04 18-12-37.png
Screenshot 2020-05-04 18-12-37.png (135.33 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
MW0MWZ wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:30 pm
G8SEZ wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Can I have a screenshot pls, and let me know what browser you are using.
OK, screenshot inlined, browser is Firefox 75.0 on Fedora 32 Linux.
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Thank you - I will tame it some more :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ