Can I change reflectors from my FT-2DR?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KA2Y

Can I change reflectors from my FT-2DR?

Post by KA2Y »

With the addition of link manager, do I still have the ability to change reflector from my FT-2DR? I often use my radio without access to the pi-star dashboard. I will say that is a neat feature on the dashboard but I want my cake and be able to eat it too!
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Can I change reflectors from my FT-2DR?

Post by M1DNS »

Yeah of course you can. You'll often find pistar adds, but rarely takes away.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KA2Y

Post by KA2Y »

I am having a problem getting pi-star 4.1.2 to hear my FT-2DR. I am receiving fine.
Pi-star set for just YSF mode. No cross-modes. Also can not get x key to connect to pi-star, just flashes X and times out
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KA2Y wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:53 am I am having a problem getting pi-star 4.1.2 to hear my FT-2DR. I am receiving fine.
Pi-star set for just YSF mode. No cross-modes. Also can not get x key to connect to pi-star, just flashes X and times out
Make sure your radio is not set for 1/2 deviation mode, and then tune for the lowest BER.

On the FT-2DR hold "Disp" for the menu, then TX/RX, then Mode, and finally Half Deviation, make sure its off.
In the expert / MMDVMHost page you can set the same setting on the Hotspot, its under the Yeasu System Fusion section, called "LowDeviation" and should be set to "0".

Finally tune the RX Offset for minimum BER, a high value here will effect the WiresX commands badly.

Finally, if your hotspot is running multiple modes, it can be handy to press/hold the PTT for 1 sec first, to make sure the hotspot snaps to YSF mode, and then press the WiresX button.

See if any/all of that helps.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk