FT70 Wires X not connecting

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
kj6efy

FT70 Wires X not connecting

Post by kj6efy »

Hi everyone. Brand new to digital and to this group. I have my Zumspot setup for DMR and YSF. DMR works great no issues. However on the YSF side I can connect just fine and talk on YSF and FCS Rooms if I connect through the Pi-Star configuration page. I cannot though no matter how many times I push the F key and AMS button get the radio to go into Wires X mode where I can change rooms with the radio. I do have uppercase letters and Wires X passthrough checked on the Pi Star dashboard. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong that would be great.
kj6efy

Re: FT70 Wires X not connecting

Post by kj6efy »

Update ! I figured it out. I went to America Link where I knew there would be activity. As soon as there was a break and the Zumspot showed Fusion instead of MMDVM I tried the F and AMS keys and it worked.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

To help you not go completely mad - the issue here is that the burst of data to connect to Wires-X, is super short. When you have multi-modes enabled, the modem "hunts" through the modes, listening briefly to each one to try and figure out the in-coming mode (real repeaters dont work like this and so they behave much better).

So the chances of your burst of wires-x mode catching the hotspot are real slim, what works better is to hold the PTT for a sec so that the hotspot hears your radio and latches to YSF mode, and then connect to wires-x command mode, and now you can interact with it.

Hope that makes sense - and for anyone reading this back - any time I say Wires-X here, I am talking about the radio commands and not the Yaesu network :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
M0HYL

Post by M0HYL »

In addition to the above advice I found I had to set the low deviation setting to 1 this setting can be found by going to pi-star and select Expert page then select mmdvm host you will find low deviation setting in the ysf section don't forget to press apply. If usieing a ft991 this will have to be set to zero hope this helps
Alan
M0HYL