connecting to FCs rooms in Pi-star 4.1?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
W9fyi

connecting to FCs rooms in Pi-star 4.1?

Post by W9fyi »

How do you connect to FCS reflectors in Pi-star4 using the FT70? I did see a post previously where you had to perform. some number transposition? I'm interested in being able to connect to the Texas i35 room without having to use the dashboard to scroll through the entire FCS list. Any help would b greatly appreciated.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: connecting to FCs rooms in Pi-star 4.1?

Post by M1DNS »

I owned a 70 for a total of 16days so can't remember the exact button sequence to call the 'X link' command but once you do use search and type US Texas that should give you everything US + Texus in the name field.

You can also use dtmf to call links. Look here for the dtmf no...

https://www.pistar.uk/fcs_reflectors.php

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
W9fyi

Post by W9fyi »

So if I'm trying to connect to the Texas I35 room that is on reflector 3, rom 30, I'd use #a0330, if the convention holds true? I'm totally blind, so I can't see the radio's search function that is available.
Thanks for all your help,
KD0YD

Post by KD0YD »

Hello W9FYI

Try the following these steps on a FT70 by using Wires-X style commands. I never have been able to make either my FT2 or FT70 work consistantly via DTMF. As you stated your totally blind so I hope these directions are compete enough.

Connect to your hotspot by

Pressing Funtion Key then Press AMS

Once you get connected to your hotspot

Rotate the selector knob 2 clicks counter clockwise
If you could see, The display should be on the En ***** screen. This is where you enter the 5 digit reflector number. YSF reflectors use the 5 digit number associated next to it in the list where FCS reflector numbers don't match what you have to enter.

At this point, whatever FCS reflector you want to connect to as you stated FCS00330, subtract 90. So 330 minus 90 equals 240.

Press Zero Zero Two Four Zero AMS, you should become connected to Texas I35 FCS00330.

Subtracting 90 from FCS is currently working as of this post but in the past that number was dynamic and would change as FCS Reflectors would drop off or on the FCS list. I don't know if that has changed any.

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey KD0YD
4I8GL

Post by 4I8GL »

This is a very big help. Thank you very much