Connect to FCS; but not YSF in Pi-Star Dashboard

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KB5SCW

Connect to FCS; but not YSF in Pi-Star Dashboard

Post by KB5SCW »

Disclaimer: I am new to hotspots and Pi-Star in general but learning quick. I'm sure this is a newbie question; but here it goes:

I use a Yaesu FT3DR HT and a hotspot (Pi-Star:4.1.2 / Dashboard: 20200528) - I can use a web browser and Pi-Star Admin Dashboard to connect to any of the FCS-----reflectors; however, I cannot seem to connect to any of the YSF----- ones via the "YSF Link Manager" dropdown in the Admin tab. When I try, my HT beeps; but the status is always "Not Linked" in the Pi-Star browser interface. When I use the WiresX button on the HT, on the Pi-Star hotspot frequency, I CAN appear to connect to YSF rooms; however, I'm not getting any audio---and I don't think people can hear me. I have my radio set to TX00RX00 DN (with bar over the DN).

Thoughts? I'm probably just thinking about this wrong---and new to the world of Pi-Star. That being said, I do have an OpenSpot3 and it connects just fine to FCS and YSF reflectors.

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. Someone suggested that I take a new SD card and reload everything on the TGIFSpot. Not sure if I want to do that --- or just maybe see if anyone has an alternative.

THANKS EVERYONE & 73s
Will
Last edited by KB5SCW on Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KB5SCW

Re: Connect to FCS; but not YSF in Pi-Star Dashboard

Post by KB5SCW »

Screenshot:
Attachments
YSF and FCS Rooms - From the YSF Manager Dropdown
YSF and FCS Rooms - From the YSF Manager Dropdown
Dashboard ScreenShot - 4.jpeg (85.61 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
M0HYL

Re: Connect to FCS; but not YSF in Pi-Star Dashboard

Post by M0HYL »

Is your start up host (on configuration page) set to a ysf room say cq-UK from the drop down list once selected press apply (wait for it to take effect). Then go to admi page ysf manager again select the ysf room you want to connect too from the drop down list press request action again wait for it to take effect then take a look at the lower lefthand box where on your screen shot it shows you are linked to an fcs room and it should now show you are connected to the ysf room you selected