AmericaLink question

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
kc8eds

AmericaLink question

Post by kc8eds »

This may be a dumb question - and one I thought I already knew the answer - but are AmericaLink (YSF21080) and America-Link-WiresX (FCS00290) supposed to be linked? At one point, I want to say I had both on (different radios and hotspots) and listened to the same traffic come across both. However, either I am wrong in remembering this (and they were never linked) or they are not linked anymore. I've noticed YSF21080 has far less traffic than before and FCS00290 has completely different QSO's going on.

What changed, if anything?

Tell me I'm not crazy....
W5SQL

Re: AmericaLink question

Post by W5SQL »

Was about i post the same question, among others. It looks like it's supposed to be linked. On 21080's entry at https://register.ysfreflector.de/, under "Bridge" says "Wires X Room #21080, BM TG#31656". Meanwhile, FCS00290 and FCS000390 are definitely Yaesu's Room 21080.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: AmericaLink question

Post by M1DNS »

Many of the bridges are put up by individuals or groups, some associated to to the room or centre of activity that the bridge links into, some not so.

And often times these 3rd parties hosting the bridge come and go. .

the other issue, a bridge by its very nature is usually hosted on a home connection. It cant easily run as a server apllication in a data centre as theres a need to link to- from radio hardware local to one another, be that at a repeater site, or remote node location or at home where the bandwidths available to that type of service leaves many a time the other uses of a home net connection also impact its ability to function with 100% reliabilities.

Its a simple and relativly easy process to have a network like BM link into a YSF reflector, or a FCS on a server to server level, seeing connections between those stable and with adequate bandwidths but what feeds the YSF or FCS from wires X is often the weak point of a P2P home broadband service.
Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.