YSF to DMR and callsigns showing as DMR IDs

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
M7YTH

YSF to DMR and callsigns showing as DMR IDs

Post by M7YTH »

My hotspot is currently set up for YSF only, however I have noticed that when I go on a club net, the majority of callsigns are shown as DMR IDs. I am trying to find more information on setting up YSF to DMR. Do I need it to resolve DMR IDs to YSF? Do I need DMR to YSF as well? How do I make use of it? Unfortunately this forum does not allow a search on 'YSF' and 'DMR' (terms get ignored) so I'm struggling to find any meaningful search results! For example YSF2DMR setup results in results for the work 'setup' only. 'YSF to DMR' ignores the works YSF and DMR leaving no results for the word 'to'. Very frustrating! Although I fond a series of videos by radiosification which enabled me to set up for YSF, there seems to be very little information in the WiKi or anywhere else regarding the YSF2DMR and DMR2YSF side of things. Can someone illuminate me?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: YSF to DMR and callsigns showing as DMR IDs

Post by M1DNS »

Forum searches are a little lacking unless you use the exact search term and a single word doesnt seem to do well.
In your particular usecase.
ysftodmr will yield results.

However my approach to searching a particular website would be using
The google search engine using its ability to search a particular web site.
If you use a 'special' syntax on its search page.

eg.
ysf site:forum.pistar.uk
dmr site:forum.pistar.uk
ysftodmr site:forum.pistar.uk

Search term (space) site:thewebsiteyouwanttosearch

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M7YTH

Post by M7YTH »

M1DNS, thank you for enlightening me on that method of Google search. I was not aware that was possible, but I tried it as you suggest and it does return some useful search results from this site. Much appreciated.
M7YTH

Post by M7YTH »

Ok, I now have YSF to DMR working. For anyone coming across this post, this is how it was done:
  1. register a DMR ID
  2. make sure YSF is already set up and working
  3. in the "MMDVMHost Configuration" section of the pi-star configuration, enable YSF2DMR and click "Apply Changes". This will add some fields to the "Yaesu System Fusion Configuration" section.
  4. update the hotspot!
  5. in the "(YSF2DMR)CCS7/DMR ID:" field of the YSF Configuration section enter your DMR ID
  6. in the "DMR Master:" field of the YSF Configuration section select the required DMR Master
  7. in the "DMR TG:" field of the YSF Configuration section enter the required DMR Talk Group (TG)
  8. click "Apply Changes"
Wait for the hotspot to restart, then on the radio (I am using an FT-70DE), go into WIRES-X mode and select YSF room 00002. This selects the YSF2DMR "room" on the hotspot which, in turn, links to the DMR talk group that was set earlier in the pi-star YSF configuration section. Once the radio shows the room is connected, it should then display that it is connected to YSF2DMR and you should be able to hear activity in the talk group and see it on the pi-star dashboard.

To change DMR talk groups it is necessary to go back to the Yeasu System Fusion section of the pi-star configuration and enter the required DMR talkgroup number into the "DMR TG:" field, wait for the hostpot to restart and reconnect via WIRES-X.