Need some clarification between YSF Reflectors and FCS

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
W5SQL

Need some clarification between YSF Reflectors and FCS

Post by W5SQL »

Howdy, all. My setup is a Pi 2B, MMDVM board, and a Yaesu FT-70D. I think I understand the difference in architecture between Yaesu Fusion Rooms, YSF Reflectors, and FCS Reflectors. However, I'm still a bit confused on the practical aspects. Through experimentation, I can connect to America Link (Room 21080) and Texas Nexus (Room 21636 )through FCS00390 and FCS00334 respectively.

Based on that, I have a few questions and things I need clarifying :

1) It looks like FCS Reflectors are in the format FCSnnnxx where nnn is one server and xx is a room (up to 99) of one FCSnnn server, is that correct?

2)
Edit: Ok, it looks like the numbers you enter in En* goes to some sort of internal mapping that pi-star keeps of FCS Reflectors and YSF Reflectors.
So 00244 goes to FCS00344, Texas Nexus. Is this just a trial and error mapping you have to try to correspond the number entered to FCS/YSF?

What happens when I enter in a number En* on FT-70D when I'm connected to the Pi? It appears whatever I enter in that screen goes to the corresponding YSF reflectors on https://www.pistar.uk/ysf_reflectors.php, is that correct?

If so, 21080 says "Linked to America..[TRUNCATED]" Definitely not the same America Link as in Yaesu Room 21080. It looks like it was supposed to be bridged at one point? Also, nothing on ysf_reflectors.php looks like a bridge to Texas Nexus. Is the only way to get there, then, to use the YSF Link Manager to go to FCS0034?

3) Is there a more formal/rigid way of finding bridged reflectors to Yaesu rooms besides the descriptions on ysf_reflector and register.ysfreflector.de? I ran into a counting method here: viewtopic.php, but it seems highly volatile.

Thanks!
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Need some clarification between YSF Reflectors and FCS

Post by M1DNS »

YSF reflectors are usually put up by individuals, or groups for a specific use case. Either to host a local group or to bridge into a yaesu room to grow the amount of users that can partake by linking from hotspots.

FCS is a server based solution created originally by the DL team that brought you the dv4 line of products as a connection point for their specific product users. Although the dv4 product line seems to be dead in the water the FCS was opened up to other developers for inclusion with their hardware.

Both host specific group use, general use and bridged use.

The full list of YSF reflectors.
https://register.ysfreflector.de

A listing of FCS rooms can be found on
http://xreflector.net/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
W5SQL

Post by W5SQL »

M1DNS wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:10 am FCS is a server based solution created originally by the DL team that brought you the dv4 line of products as a connection point for their specific product users. Although the dv4 product line seems to be dead in the water the FCS was opened up to other developers for inclusion with their hardware.
Gotcha, thank you. This makes more sense to me as I play with it more.

Does anyone "run" the FCS network today? As I understand it, each FCS server (01, 02, 22, etc) runs 100 rooms. In situations like if I want to start an FCS server or, if the current owner of 02 packs it up and goes home, could someone else step in with their own server to take over 02?
DG9FFM

Post by DG9FFM »

Well, the FCS protocol is not out of date.
In the last few weeks in particular, 5 new FCS servers have been added.
They are new and the first YCS C4FM Multi-Protocol Routing-Network with DVMatrix.
Since these servers support FCS, YSF, IMRS and SystemFusion II, all repeaters and hotspots can connect them and communicate together. Also DR-2X directly and without additional software.
There are 100 digital groups available per server, which can be controlled with the DG-ID of the transceiver.
At the same time, it is possible to book static and dynamic digital groups for each repeater / hotspot.

more information can be found at http://xreflector.net.