Getting my FT1D to work with a Hotspot

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
M7YTH

Getting my FT1D to work with a Hotspot

Post by M7YTH »

I cannot get my FT1D to work with a Hostpot. I started a more general thread here but since the hardware has been replaced, it seems that this now has to be narrowed to to a YSF vs Hotspot software issue.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3090&p=15550#p15550

Briefly the problem is that the FT1D will receive from the Hotspot, but the Hotspot will not received from the FT1D. Just about everything I can think of has been tried:

- offset tuning
- factory reset pi-star software
- re-flash the micro-ssd and start from a new image
- replacement hardware

This would seem to bring me back to the radio. I have the pi-star set up with its default frequency of 438.800, YSF enabled, Reflector set, modem set, display set. I have my callsign and DMR ID set although the latter is perhaps irrelevant.

On the radio I am in single VFO mode, set to 438.800, DN mode (tried VW as well athough I don't expect it to work). The frequency is programmed into a memory with offset 0.00000. I tried setting offset mode to OFF, -RPT, +RPT and +/- . I have verified the radio is transmitting on the frequency by using a scanner to listen. Both radio and Hotspot do Tx. I can have a QSO via local using YSF so I know the radio works. I tried the Wires-X button and it just sits there waiting for the Hotspot to respond. I have run out of ideas.

It would be helpful if there was a way of contacting the devs, but there doesn't seem to be one on the pi-start website, only this forum.

If anyone has an FT1D and has got it working, I would be interested to know how they did it.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Getting my FT1D to work with a Hotspot

Post by M1DNS »

Have you entered ur callsign in the radio setup?

Watch the live logs page when transmitting. What do they report?

Ps. VW will pass over a ysf reflector. It just doesnt get vocoded to DMR/ NXDN but other yaesu radio users should hear you if they too are running VW.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M7YTH

Re: Getting my FT1D to work with a Hotspot

Post by M7YTH »

Yes, the callsign is programmed into the radio. Its one of the first things one has to do to get the radio up and working, but just to check, I have it talking to my SDR and decoding with DSDplus and I see my callsign being shown as the source.

The 'Live Log' reports nothing, and by that I mean absolutely nothing at all during transmit. It will shows configuration changes when some change is Applied and it shows transmissions incoming over the network, but nothing at all for transmissions from the FT1D. The YSF LED does not light up except when a YSF stream is being received from a reflector. It does not light up on transmit from the FT1D.