DMR to YSF

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
K2DNR

DMR to YSF

Post by K2DNR »

Is there a procedure to follow to switch from DMR to YSF? I have no issues getting there, but going back to DMR seems to lock up my ZumSpot and it takes a few hours to get it back working normally.

Thanks,

Bob
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: DMR to YSF

Post by M1DNS »

Enable both modes.
Then us regular TG's in ur radio for DMR
and listed YSF TG's for DMR2YSF.

https://www.pistar.uk/ysf_reflectors.php

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K2DNR

Post by K2DNR »

When I do that every person talking shows up with my DMR ID. Then I lose access to BM, even if I enable it. I set it to "DMRGateway".
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

If your connecting into a YSF that runs into a wires x bridge, other users showing with ur ID would be usual given those on Yaesu's own network wouldnt themselves have ID's Yaesu's setup runs with registered callsigns, not IDs.

If your not running the install 24/7 you might also try running an update from time to time which, amongst other things will update the DMR ID's database held on the device.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K2DNR

Post by K2DNR »

Ok. Thank you.
ki7tfn

Post by ki7tfn »

Not a reply to the OP, but I have the same problem with cross moding into YSF from DMR Gateway. I am using an AT-878 and I have programed my Pi-Star through Expert Editor to include BM (DMR Network 1), DMR2YSF (DMR Network 3) and TGIF (DMR Network 4). When I cross mode to YSF, every one I talk to comes back on my dash board and radio screen with my own DMR ID. When I cross mode into FCS, this is not a problem. I have daily QSO's with a guy on FCS-00556 (I am in TG 7100556) who's DMR ID and info come across my dashboard and radio screen, it's only using YSF reflectors where I see my own information. Any ideas? I'm relatively new to DMR, but have been using C4FM YSF/FCS and YSF2DMR for about a year now.

Thanks
Allen, KI7TFN