Making private DMR calls with a Yaesu radio in YSF2DMR mode on PiStar hotspots

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
YL3IM

Making private DMR calls with a Yaesu radio in YSF2DMR mode on PiStar hotspots

Post by YL3IM »

By default, when trying to make a private call to 1234567 you may end up in the TG 34567. It happens because the respective contacts should first be added to the /usr/local/etc/TGList_BM.txt file in ID;2;CALLSIGN;DESCRIPTION format.

TGList_BM.png
TGList_BM.png (55.04 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

To add all calls from your country (Latvia in this example, starting with 2470), you can execute the following command by accessing your PiStar hotspot via SSH as root:

Code: Select all

rpi-rw && cat /usr/local/etc/DMRIds.dat | grep -e "^2470" | awk -F $'\t' '{print $1 ";2;" $2 ";" $2}' >> /usr/local/etc/TGList_BM.txt && systemctl restart ysf2dmr && sync && rpi-ro
To automate the action so it gets executed on every update, add this line before exit 0 to the end of the /usr/local/sbin/HostFilesUpdate.sh file:

Code: Select all

cat ${DMRIDFILE} | grep -e "^2470" | awk -F $'\t' '{print $1 ";2;" $2 ";" $2}' >> ${TGLISTBM}
HostFilesUpdate.png
HostFilesUpdate.png (20.64 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

Hope it helps!

P.S. Thanks to UW5ELK for helping me to figure it out!
K8BMZ

Re: Making private DMR calls with a Yaesu radio in YSF2DMR mode on PiStar hotspots

Post by K8BMZ »

Thanks, I have been trying to get a DMR private call on YSF2DMR to work, I added the callsign per instructions below. I can only RX the private call, when I try to TX back, they cannot hear me at all. Any ideas?