YSF to P25 via Pi-Zero?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
W6CJ

YSF to P25 via Pi-Zero?

Post by W6CJ »

I'm new to this and not sure if I'm doing this right:
I'd like to cross from a FT3D, over to the P25 reflectors, using a Pi-Zero hotspot.... not sure about my Pi and radio settings.
I tried the P25 'parrot' and no response. Can someone suggest a busy P25 reflector to listen to?

Pi Settings:
YSF on
YSF startup reflector NONE
YSF2P25 on
P25 stratup reflector PARROT

FT3D Settings:
VW and DN both tried.

Jay
W6CJ
KD8DVR

Re: YSF to P25 via Pi-Zero?

Post by KD8DVR »

YSF startup should be on "ysf2dmr" although, the latest updates seem to have broken the ysf2dmr

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KD8DVR wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:08 pm YSF startup should be on "ysf2dmr" although, the latest updates seem to have broken the ysf2dmr

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Its working fine for me here? Please make sure you visit the config page, press apply even if nothing changed - there have been some new lines that need to be added to the config - this may well fix your issue with it.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KD7F

Post by KD7F »

I also have an FT3D and use the YSF2P25 mode. Here is what I do.

I have the YSF startup host set to Parrot...just my preference.

Enter WiresX mode on the FT3D
To get to YSF2P25 first unlink anything you might have linked.
Then connect to YSF2P25 with the radio or you could use the link manager on the Admin dashboard page.
Then with the radio, link to the P25 talk group you want to work. I have been using TG 10888 in Texas
If you hear the voice announcement of the connection you are in luck!

I have found that after I have been using my hotspot for a while, I can't connect to the P25 talk group. The only way I can get it to connect is to reboot the hotspot and then it works every time.

Once you are connected you must exit the wires X mode and switch to VW mode on the FT3D. That should do it.

I have noticed though that while in YSF2P25 mode the hotspot will think it has lost my signal (when it hasn't actually) and that will terminate my transmission to the talk group until I unkey and rekey the radio. This might just be something going on with my hardware, but I have two different hotspots with different hardware from different manufacturers and they both do this. My theory is that the loss of signal indication is happening in all modes but it stops the YSF2P25 transcoding but not the straight YSF operation. If your signal seems to drop while transmitting to the P25 Talk group, watch the Pi Star dashboard and when you see the reception of your handhelds signal stop, unkey and key back down. I am still trying to figure out why this is happening here with my hotspots.

I should mention I am running the 4.1.4 pistar image updated and the MMDVM-HS hat firmware is at version 1.5.2.
I should also mention that WiresX passthrough should be on for this to work I believe.