FT 70D connection problem

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
vk6et

FT 70D connection problem

Post by vk6et »

I have trouble getting my Ft70 to connect to wires , it is inconsistent and then when it does connect and I try to to connect to one of the registered rooms it is again inconsistent and times out, now when I go to Pi Star and click the link/unlink all works perfectly, can anyone offer me an explanation it is sending me crazy, thanks Ray VK6ET
KN4QFV

Re: FT 70D connection problem

Post by KN4QFV »

I’m having the same issue
Troy Davis- Now K4JDA
Kennesaw, GA
YL3IM

Post by YL3IM »

I'd suggest to check out if your FT-70D isn't off-frequency. I had similar issue with three items in November, bought new at WiMo. They were tuned about 600 KHz lower, discovered it both with frequency counter and SDR. Tuned them as appropriate according to the service manual thereafter.
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

I've found that the protocol detection necessary when running multiple protocols on a single hotspot can also interfere with the ability of Wires-X to work. Turn off all other protocols and see if you still have the issue.
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

Another thing is if you are running multimode the detection of wires data burst is usually quicker than the scan rate, for one of my hotspots I key up for a second or two, enough time for the hotspot lock onto the c4fm signal and then try to connect... YMMV

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk