YSF2DMR issue - No incoming traffic

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KO4HCS

YSF2DMR issue - No incoming traffic

Post by KO4HCS »

Essentially after linking to YSF00002, I receive no incoming traffic into the hotspot.

Setup:
FT3D / RPi Zero W / N5BOC Duplex MMDVM 1.5.2 firmware / Pi-Star 4.1.4 / Raspbian and Dashboard fully updated as of May 14

YSF-only mode is fully functional. Changing YSF reflectors and DMR TGs via radio Wires X commands works properly. The hotspot is logging into the BM network successfully (hotspot security is enabled) and shows up correctly on my BM user dashboard. Parrot over YSF2DMR (TG 9990) works correctly. However, the hotspot never receives any net traffic regardless of which DMR TG I join (with one exception, see below) as per the Pi-star dashboard and log files.

The one exception is that if I join a DMR TG via radio commands while someone has a transmission in progress, I will receive the rest of that transmission. This does not appear to happen simply from linking to YSF reflector YSF00002 regardless of configured default TG, I need to actually (re)join the TG via a radio command once linked to YSF00002 for this to happen. I will not receive anything further once that transmission ends however. I have been using AmericaLink given its typical volume of traffic to reproduce and test, comparing YSF32592/FCS00290 to YSF00002+TG31656.

There's nothing anomalous in any logs (MMDVM, YSFGateway, or YSF2DMR)...there's simply no incoming traffic while linked to YSF00002.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting to resolve the problem with no success:
Setting YSF00002 as default startup host
Complete rebuild of hotspot from scratch (no restore from backup)
Disabling UPnP on the Pi-star and manually forwarding all ports from the router as listed on the wiki

Other than manually enabling YSF2DMR logging in /etc/ysf2dmr (this does not appear to be exposed in Expert?) all Pi-star settings that are not user-specific are left at defaults.

This is much more a curiosity thing than critical functionality for me, but I've run out of ideas on how to proceed with understanding what's happening here (and it annoys me that I can't get it to work!). The only strange behavior I can see is that after joining a TG via radio command, I receive the "success" four-tone beeps, but also the "UNLINK" audio message from the hotspot and in the hotspot logs. I've seen a number of forum posts here where others experience the same yet everything is working, so I'm assuming for now that it's a red herring.

Any thoughts? I can provide any logs or configuration info necessary to help troubleshoot this further.

Thanks!
Jon
KO4HCS