Loosing Startup Link

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
W3KIT

Re: Loosing Startup Link

Post by W3KIT »

K5ZIA wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:45 am
KD7PMS wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:24 am I tried setting the reload value to 1440 this morning, but it automatically reverts to 60. I have tried this a couple of times and the setting reverts back to its original value.
Odd. I set mine to 1440 yesterday, and it sticks. Says 1440 this morning, even after a reboot. Been rock solid since yesterday, no drops. I know this is not much help - you did apply the change when you set it to 1440?
I have 9 hotspot running Pi-star at the QTH, mixed Raspberry boards and HATs. I do not have this "Not Linked" issue, zero!

At any rate, just because I can - I changed 60 > 1440 > apply changes. 1440 seems to stick but as soon as I moved to Configuration tab and "click" on apply changes button. Then I go back to Expert > YSF GW, 1440 went back to 60 again.

Same thing on the very same page under APRS, I did changed "Enable" from 1 to 0 to disable it, apply changes. 0 seems to stick but again as soon as I went to Configuration tab clicked apply changes, went back to Expert > YSF GW, APRS went back to 1 again.

PS, I know at least 4 friends that are having this YSF "Not Linked" or dropped out after about 1 hr. I see it because I looked at my reflector logs and I see they disappeared from my reflector just about every 60 min or so.

73, Kit
lu4cn

Post by lu4cn »

So, is there any fix? My DVmega-based HS keeps disconnecting from either YSF/FCS reflector randomly every 30-60 min. Thanks.
K5ZIA

Post by K5ZIA »

W3KIT wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:00 pm At any rate, just because I can - I changed 60 > 1440 > apply changes. 1440 seems to stick but as soon as I moved to Configuration tab and "click" on apply changes button. Then I go back to Expert > YSF GW, 1440 went back to 60 again.
I just applied the change on the YSG GW page, not on the main config page. That may be why my setting "stuck" to 1440.
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

K5ZIA wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:53 pm
W3KIT wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:00 pm At any rate, just because I can - I changed 60 > 1440 > apply changes. 1440 seems to stick but as soon as I moved to Configuration tab and "click" on apply changes button. Then I go back to Expert > YSF GW, 1440 went back to 60 again.
I just applied the change on the YSG GW page, not on the main config page. That may be why my setting "stuck" to 1440.
Yes, it will stick if you only "Apply Changes" on YSF GW, mine stick also and most likely stick at 1440 forever.

However, after you move around from tab to tab and happened to click on Apply Changes on Configuration tab, try to go back to YSF GW tab and see if 1440 stick. Mine reverse back to 60.

73, Kit
W7DJS

Post by W7DJS »

Kit -

Which version of PiStar are you running on your hotspots? Are they all using YSF or different modes?

I have watched my reflector also and normally there are 10-12 hotspots connected at any given time but over the last few days that number has dropped to 4 or 5.

Dan
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

W7DJS wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:02 pm Kit -

Which version of PiStar are you running on your hotspots? Are they all using YSF or different modes?

I have watched my reflector also and normally there are 10-12 hotspots connected at any given time but over the last few days that number has dropped to 4 or 5.

Dan
My personal Hotspots are 4.1.5 / 20210621. I do not have this "Not Linked" issue, none, zero. Out of 9 hotspots running at my QTH 3 of them were YSF, again I do not have Not Linked problem. But I do know who have "Not Linked" problem, 4 or 5 of my friends have the issue. Not sure why.

I even stripped my IMG and gave it to them, IMG came off of my working no issue on my end. They burned it and use but still have Not Linked issue. I have no idea why.

I even let them TeamViewer to my PC so they can watch my hotspot(s) liked to YSF reflector but they never saw it disconnected or not linked - never. Not even one time.

3 were using my image that I stripped - no joy. Not likely 3 separates people, 3 separate locations and 3 separate hotspots is having the same problem. I have not a clue.

73, Kit
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:20 pm

There is no valid reason to go back to the main configuration page and click apply settings.

When you are in the expert area and set it to 1440 and then apply changes, that is enough to set it. So just reboot it.

Going back to the main configuration page and applying changes forces default settings to be used which is why it sets things back to defaults. This is by design.

So later on when I do have a "valid reason" changing something like changing Default reflector or Startup host or frequency in main configuration page and click apply changes.

Will things on another pages/tabs reverse back to default?

Or once I reboot it after set 1440 then later what I do in the main config page will not set other pages back to default?

73, Kit
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

I've reverted the change on the update server to provide host-names in the host file, this should clean up this issue for everyone over the next few hours / overnight update.

Updates are cached, it will take a little while for the cached content to refresh.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

MW0MWZ wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:07 pm I've reverted the change on the update server to provide host-names in the host file, this should clean up this issue for everyone over the next few hours / overnight update.

Updates are cached, it will take a little while for the cached content to refresh.
Good news, thank you kindly.

73, Kit
E23JWE

Post by E23JWE »

MW0MWZ wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:07 pm I've reverted the change on the update server to provide host-names in the host file, this should clean up this issue for everyone over the next few hours / overnight update.

Good News!, It's great. Let's support.

73, Jo E23JWE
Last edited by E23JWE on Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.