Issue: Enabling YSF mode Corrupts my Config file

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KB8DIG

Issue: Enabling YSF mode Corrupts my Config file

Post by KB8DIG »

Hello everyone!
I have my hotspot setup and working well with DMR (GD-77 radio).
I also have a FT-991A so I'd like to work Fusion/WiresX.
In pi-star I disabled DMR, saved changes, then enabled YSF, saved changes. My 991A immediately picks up RX <great!> I was able to pull up YSF rooms and made contact.

However, when visiting the config page I found I was unable to make any changes. In fact all my data was gone. Trying to access the configuration page in pi-star results in an error 'unable to read config file' or something to that effect. So it seems enabling YSF corrupts my config file.

I reset pi-star to factor settings, rebuilt the config... DMR is good, did the same steps as previous... disable DMR enable YSF... with the same result. corrupted config.

Next time, I wiped my sd card, loaded the latest version pi-star. This time, via SSH I ran sudo apt update / upgrade. Then I hit the update from the pi-star menu. I setup up DMR... all working well... disable DMR, enable YSF... and same dang thing!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions to point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much
73, KB8DIG
KB8DIG

Re: Issue: Enabling YSF mode Corrupts my Config file

Post by KB8DIG »

Excellent.

I did find a comma in the config. For the Town field, I had (somehow) both the city <comma> grid square in this field. I fixed that.

One other question, is it reasonable to have both DMR and YSF enabled at the same time? Will this cause problems for the pi-star itself? Or mainly for me managing my HT RX from my simplex hot spot?

If the latter, is there a 'hang time' setting for either or both DMR and YSF that would enable me to better manage hotspot transmits from both modes?

Thanks again!!

KB8DIG
ab0tj

Re: Issue: Enabling YSF mode Corrupts my Config file

Post by ab0tj »

I ran into the same issue, and for me it ended up being the Brandmeister hotspot security password. I had to manually edit /etc/mmdvmhost and put quotes around the password. Everything went back to normal after doing that.