How to reconnect after reflector failure?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
W0YGH

How to reconnect after reflector failure?

Post by W0YGH »

We've had a couple of failures in our YSF reflector that are hopefully fixed now. Unfortunately, my Pi-Star did not reconnect when the reflector came back up, and was down for quite some time. I have 'Revert' set to 1 in the YSF config.

Is there anything else I can to to force reconnect after some kind of failure?

Thanks!
Rick W0YGH - Lee's Summit, MO, USA
W0YGH

Re: How to reconnect after reflector failure?

Post by W0YGH »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:42 am Do you have a time specified in the "InactivityTimeout" parameter, or did you leave it at 0? If its at zero I don't think its going to reconnect no matter what "Revert" is set to.

Also make sure "Startup" is set to the reflector you are wanting it to reconnect to.
I thought that might be the case, so I set the Inactivity TImout to 1. It works as expected if I manually change reflectors. It will return to my Startup reflector automatically. Nothing seems to happen if the disconnect happens externally.

Is there a command or file that I could query with a shell script to see if I was connected to the proper reflector? It would be trivial to reconnect if I could determine that I was NOT connected.
W0YGH

Re: How to reconnect after reflector failure?

Post by W0YGH »

Thank you! I did find the exact message you referenced in the log file. I believe that will be the route I take.

The Dashboard seems to know who you're linked to, but the code for that was a bit above my pay grade.

I think we've found the problem with our reflector, so hopefully this won't be a problem in the future.

Rick WØFH