Blacklist YSF Reflector?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
G0FHM

Blacklist YSF Reflector?

Post by G0FHM »

Quick question, is it possible to blacklist a given YSF reflector to prevent connection?

I only ask as users keeps linking to a very sloppy reflector that has the world and it's dog connected, and finding a gap long enough to unlink is a near impossibility!

I know I can set an inactivity timeout and unlink by logging in, but i'd rather not have the problem in the first place.

Thanks,

J
G0FHM

Re: Blacklist YSF Reflector?

Post by G0FHM »

Thanks for that, now I know!

I'm just wondering if I could remove the entry in YSFhosts.txt? That may work in the short term, but it would be how to prevent it being re added when the file is updated?

I have a SSH client on my phone and can login from anywhere, so i'll keep that command tucked away on a sticky note!

Currently my TX radio timeout is set to the maximum (10 minutes):and even with the RF hangtime set to 0, it still manages to time the radio out, and it won't reset untill the PTT signal finally drops.

The joys of repeater keeping! 🤣🤣

G0FHM (GB3GS)
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

It is a "standard" Duplex repeater, and i've found that with YSF & DMR if the output is busy with network traffic, then my board (Winters) ignores any inputs!

I wonder if setting the auto YSF Hosts update setting to 0 in the expert menu?

I have no problem with manually updating the file and then removing the relevant entries?

It's not just the lack of gaps that is causing a problem, it has nodes connected from all over, and some of the analog nodes have extremely bad audio setup so you have your volume set up correctly, then a station using an analog link comes up and blows the speaker out of the HT!

You may have figured by now, I don't like it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

Just an update!

I have taken the YSFHosts.txt, removed all references to the reflector, and renamed the file. I've then pointed the entry in ysfgateway to point to the modified and renamed YSFHosts.txt.

This may or may not work, as some reflectors may be using DDNS with a dynamic IP (my own YSF reflector does so), but even if I repopulate the edited file on a nightly basis, hopefully it will work out!

That's the theory anyway...... :D :D :D :D :D :D
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Hopefully you've kept the original file in situ.

Creating a new file and pointing to it in ysfgateway expert is one workaround that will work, but obvs. this new listing is no longer going to be a maintained file, so any changes will need you to update the info manually.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

Yes, the original file is still there, i'll just manually update the "new file".

I wouldn't normally bother, but I have a user who keeps doing a "hit and run" and leaving it connected! The maximum timeout setting on the TK-8180 is 10 minutes, and even with the RF hangtime set to 0, it still regularly times out (same with DMR when both slots are busy, but that's not a major problem).

I don't like "playing god", but sometimes you have to do things for the greater good!

Cheers,

J G0FHM