Pi-Star dashboard gateway activity

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
G6FIR

Pi-Star dashboard gateway activity

Post by G6FIR »

Hi All,

I just need to check if some of this pi-star behaviour I'm seeing is as expected or if I might have a configuration that needs adjusting.

I connect using DMR2YSF as my DMR master setting. I connect to a YSF reflector attached to a local repeater using a DMR radio, this works - I can hear the repeater and it can hear me.

If a station calls into the reflector using RF via the repeater with a Fusion transceiver, I can hear them fine and their details appear correct in the GateWay Activity log on Pi-Star dashboard.

If a station calls into the reflector using a hotpsot or linked from another repeater, I can hear them fine, but their details appear in the Pi-Star dashboard activity log as if they are me, it shows my callsign against the entry.

Is this correct behaviour or is there a setting I can change to show the correct callsign?

Thanks,
G6FIR

Re: Pi-Star dashboard gateway activity

Post by G6FIR »

Found the solution under DMR specific. Never had this problem with DMR, only YSF, which is why I asked about it in this forum.

But here it is anyway, for reference:
It was nothing to do with coming in via a different repeater, that was just coincidence.

viewtopic.php?t=1899
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

To better describe whats happening here... pistar is replacing the online call with ur ID because it can't find an ID for the guy transmitting at that time.

This happens a lot with YSF particularly because of cross linking on fusion networks or 'bridges' with Yaesu's wires x network. Yaesu's own network doesn't require their users to register with an ID. It was designed with hams in mind, so uses their callsigns to ID digitally. On a YSF bridge transmissions from the yaesu side, not having an ID means there's nothing to cross over to YSF, and nothing to display on a DMR radio.

With this and also. to follow legislation in some regions pistar has to identify the transmission digitally, so it TXs your ID/ callsign along with the other guys audio out of ur hotspot when there is no ID/ callsign info 'visable' over the network.

Its a very simple solution to the problem of having to identify a transmission digitally.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G6FIR

Post by G6FIR »

Thanks Andrew,

That makes very good sense. Understanding this saves me from fiddling around looking for something I've done wrong with the config. In fact the setup to make Pi-Star work to use Fusion reflectors with a DMR radio is wonderfully simple and works very well.