YSF connection drops after system boot.

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
N3GAR

YSF connection drops after system boot.

Post by N3GAR »

Been dealing with this since install/configure a week ago.
ZumSpot FW 1.3.7 - Pi-Star 3.4.15 - Dashboard 20180604 (Displayed data no longer fits several fields)
I have DMR and YSF configured, I have no issues with the DMR (Brandmeister) connection however the YSF connection to FCS00411 drops after initial connection during boot. The connection status in the Dashboard appears ok(Mode/Network GREEN & Linked) yet I am not connected and the FCS004 server page indicates I am not. I have to either go into the YSF configuration section and hit apply changes or use the Wires-X option to connect.

NOTE:
As of Dashboard 20180604 the YSF link status always indicates NOT Linked even when in use?
DV4, BlueDV, openSpot maintain connection to FCS00411 after boot. Tried different CCS-7 ID's and networks each having unique external ip addresses with the same dropped connection results with the ZumSpot.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: YSF connection drops after system boot.

Post by MW0MWZ »

Checking into this at the moment...
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Unable to re-produce, I've done some work on the dashboard recently that *may* have already cured this, but when I set FCS00411 and reboot - it boots up normally, connects to FCS00411 etc without issue.

The FCS log shows the connection happened OK when the service started.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
N5GER

Post by N5GER »

MW0MWZ wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 pm Unable to re-produce, I've done some work on the dashboard recently that *may* have already cured this, but when I set FCS00411 and reboot - it boots up normally, connects to FCS00411 etc without issue.

The FCS log shows the connection happened OK when the service started.
I concur with N5GAR - the YSF Network shows "Linked to: Not lin...." - but it's obviously linked because you can see (and hear) traffic under Gateway Activity.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

modified the YFS link code for the dashboard; update and see if its any better.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
N3GAR

Post by N3GAR »

I seemed to resolved the actual dropped connection as well as the incorrect displayed link status by changing the Radio/Modem Type.
Changed from ZumSpot Raspberry Pi HAT to DV-Mega Raspberry Pi HAT. My ZumSpot now connects during boot up and remains connected, the link status also displays the correct status.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

I doubt that is the fix - since they both use the same settings, to some extent the modem choice is cosmetic, there are some that have really different settings, but we'll also be using that selection during the firmware upgrades soon so it's a good idea for the choice to reflect reality :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
N5GER

Post by N5GER »

I can confirm that the update fixed this issue - thanks!
N5LTC

Post by N5LTC »

This issue only happens when the raspberry pi boots up prior to the Internet network being available. In my car I have an OpenSpot, GL-AR150 router and a pi-3 b+ with MMDVM board. The OpenSpot and pi-3 are connected via ethernet cables to the GL-AR150. When I start the car, all 3 of the devices start to boot at once. My Internet connection is being made using a headless USB dongle plugged directly into the GL-AR150 using tethering mode. The LAN and WAN port are bridged and get their 'net from the USB tether. It takes upwards of 60 seconds for that USB stick to initialize and become fully connected. When the pi boots up before the USB is ready, I can't connect to any YSF reflectors using Wires-X. If I delay the pi-start boot by 60 seconds, giving time for the network to stabilize, it works just fine. The OpenSpot senses the Internet connection and as soon as the 'net goes live, the OpenSpot connects and everything on it works fine. To make the pi-star work without the delay, I have to either click an "Apply" button anywhere in the config or simply reboot it once the network is up.

The MMDVM board allows me to connect via Wires-X and the WEB interface work even when I cannot connect to any reflectors/rooms. This means that the MMDVM board is sensing the wired ethernet connection so it is not an issue of the MMDVM board failing to work because there is no network.
w8ejc

Post by w8ejc »

Hi Andy, I am having this problem but only with Alabama Link, 2 to 3 min of no activity ysf network says not linked I can set it with the config it will drop out cant hear a thing untill I reconnect. I tried wires X it will set about 1 min then announce unlinked. I can go to other reflectors and not have this issue. American link will go as others, I go back to american link it drops active or inactive. This is doing this on both Hotspots, I have a Raspberry PI with the MMDVM Duplex Board and a New Zumspot I just purchased. There both doing the same thing. My open spot connects and stays connected, Any Ideas ?

Thanks Randy W8EJC