P25 Service crashing after latest update

Help with P25 issues
W7RD

P25 Service crashing after latest update

Post by W7RD »

After doing an update today, I saw on the dashboard that the P25 service (using YSF2P25) was "not started." I tried copying the P25Gateway executable from another machine and it still crashes. Also, I totally reinstalled pi-star and it STILL doesn't work (after an update.) The message it gives on attempted startup is:

P25Gateway: Voice.cpp:113: CVoice::CVoice(const string&, const string&, unsigned int): Assertion `!directory.empty()' failed.
Aborted

Thanks,
Steve
W7RD

Re: P25 Service crashing after latest update

Post by W7RD »

I just noticed that YSF2NXDN isn't working either. The green crossmode and NXDN lights don't even come on.
W7RD

Post by W7RD »

I swapped out both the Pi AND the Zumspot. Reinstalled fresh AGAIN. STILL P25Gateway crashes on startup. I guess I'm the only person that has any problems with pi-star. Stupid mistake to update it, that's what ruined it.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Can you run the update a 2nd time please and see if that brings it to life ?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
W7RD

Post by W7RD »

Yes, I tried running the update again, as well as reinstalling more than once. For some reason it always happens. Even switching both the Pi Zero and the Zumspot it persists. Oddly enough, the other ones work with the same version. Not sure what happened with it.
W4DHW

Post by W4DHW »

Not to revive an old thread but mine does that too, service not started
dj7lc

Post by dj7lc »

I had the exact same problem with a version directly compiled from github. Steps taken:
1) update via git pull, make, try to run, failed
2) copied an executable from a working installation. failed
3) saved config file, deleted directory structure, cloned again from git, make, start with saved config file, failed.

4) Solution: Took the latest config file for P25Gateway from github and edited it manually. The gateway works fine with the new file. I guess there was a change in code that only crashes with old config files. Or there was a misplaced caracter in the file.

Swap out the old config file of P25Gateway with a new file from the official github repo, edit it manually and it should work fine.