P25 Reflector Help

Help with P25 issues
N4VGW

P25 Reflector Help

Post by N4VGW »

I have been trying to set up a P25 reflector for a group of us in our state. I have P25Reflector configured and appears to be working fine on a machine with Linux Lite-(its an older machine). Its showing currently linked Repeaters with the proper IP address as my Pi-Star Hot spot.I can key up my P25 radio and see transmission from and the correct Talk Group along with Received end of transmission. Internally It appears to be working. I have added the host file in the Pi-Star of the Computer running the reflector which both seem to be talking. When others on the OUTSIDE net work try I get nothing. Everyone has the correct External IP. I have port forwarding configured from external to internal address with the proper 41000 port. I have tried both the reflector and the Pi-Star internal address to port forward to. Can someone give me some direction or perhaps some insight? Its probably going to be something simple-When someone connects from the outside -I assume port forwarding needs to be pointed to the reflectors internal address.
I'm stumped.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the forums!
N4VGW

Re: P25 Reflector Help

Post by N4VGW »

Hello---
The P25Hosts.txt file is the folowing:
31161 192.168.0.47 41000

The 192 address is internal and is port forwarded to the external address.
Again the reflector seems to be seeing the Pi-Star just fine
N4VGW

Post by N4VGW »

Yes It didn't make sense- Last Night I switched it back to the WAN IP -which I had tried Before with no success-However this time I DMZ'd the reflector and lo and behold it works Flawlessly. What ports need to be forwarded in order for it to work without DMZ?-I have tried the normal P25 ports-
UDP/42010 - P25 Network- and I believe a few others-and the Users on the outside with the correct Host File cannot connect to the reflector.
I have tried several other ports. What worked was DMZ, however, I don't want to keep that enabled. I do have a uPNP network.
Thanks again for the help!
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

You should only require port 41000 (unless you have to specify an alternative) So only the one port!

Some routers do not handle port forwarding very well, in that you can't specify the protocol (udp/tcp/etc) also it is a requirement that you set the reflector host PC/Pi to use a static IP.

I host P25 reflector 5057

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

N4VGW

Post by N4VGW »

I ended up Replacing the router and that did the trick. Now its working fine with Port Forwarding only.
Thanks again for the help.