Does Pi-Star pass the P25 packet unaltered?

Help with P25 issues
KC6N

Does Pi-Star pass the P25 packet unaltered?

Post by KC6N »

This may sound like a strange question but there is some discussion in our local P25 community regarding things like GPS location data and Soft ID data not being passed by ZUM Spots, Open Spots etc. I know a Pi-Star forum cannot speak for OpenSpots but I cannot see why any of these devices would strip anything off of the packet as originated by the radio or why Soft ID or GPS LOC info would be removed in some fashion. It just doesn't make sense. Can someone provide some guidance. TNX, KC6N
N6MIK

Re: Does Pi-Star pass the P25 packet unaltered?

Post by N6MIK »

It does strip out non-voice frames - not sure why; maybe coding for these was not a high priority.
KC6N

Post by KC6N »

OK, I guess that may mean that it is (or could be) pulling out some of the stuff we are talking about.
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

If you pop up on 10700 and call for VK2ERG, he's been working on a fork of mmdvm that doesn't strip out the non voice packets. I'm not sure if he has made his modifications public available (yet) but I'm sure that if you ask him for the code he'll share it with you. All you need to do is compile it and set it up on a separate raspberry pi or x86 based system for testing.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

KC6N

Post by KC6N »

OK, thanks.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Has anyone spoke to Jonathan (G4KLX) about this?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk