Pi-star Dashboard P25 service is not running

Help with P25 issues
VK7HSE

Pi-star Dashboard P25 service is not running

Post by VK7HSE »

Hello to all...

I've noticed since I updated to Pi-Star:4.1.4 / Dashboard: 20210205 that the P25 shows that the service is not running. However there's P25 activity (as normal) Firstly, is anyone else noticing this?
p25-service.png
p25-service.png (89.36 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
My thinking was that the log files might not be getting read due to beeing too big, but I purged the logs and rebooted the pi but once the system was back up it was diplaying the same again. So I then forced it to connect to a few different p25 reflectors but the dashboard still states that the service is not running. this is cleary a cosmetic issue! but I wanted to check if anyone else has noticed the same behaviour?

Cheers
kd4twj

Re: Pi-star Dashboard P25 service is not running

Post by kd4twj »

Yes, same thing here. Happened after the upgrade. I also run NXDN and while the Dashboard does indicate my default Talk Group number, it apparently is not linked to it. When I PTT on NXDN, it then links. I will have to check it and see if it unlinks or stays linked.

So basically the same behavior with NXDN in the background, however the dashboard shows the status differently. Either way, both modes are not behaving as expected.

Thanks

Dean KD4TWJ
bg3nct

Post by bg3nct »

This is also the case after my update。
Attachments
未标题-1.jpg
未标题-1.jpg (241.48 KiB) Viewed 7671 times
W0RMT

Post by W0RMT »

Yes, same here, Scott. And on NXDN as well.

Edit: after hitting "Apply Changes" on the config page, it now reads "Not Linked" under P25 Network, even though it appears to be linked and working as expected.
Robert (Bud) M. Talbot III
W0RMT
Colorado Digital system admin
http://coloradodigital.net
DMR: BM 31088
DSTAR: XRF/DCS303D
YSF: 99256
NXDN: 31088
P25: 31088
KN6LMY

Post by KN6LMY »

Before update the YSF2P25 cross mode worked fine. Now the audio is distorted gobbeldy-gook! YSF native mode is fine.
kd4twj

Post by kd4twj »

I have noticed on mine that it is dropping the link on P25 after some time of inactivity. I am not sure what that time duration is yet.
It is not configured to timeout.
I have not had a chance to check that on NXDN yet.

Thanks

Dean KD4TWJ
k5tra

Post by k5tra »

I'm also seeing: "Not Linked" .

Additionally, my "Startup Host (TG)" isn't initiated at startup. I can select a reflector after pi-star is running, and it works; but initially it starts with no default reflector.

Tom / K5TRA
k5tra

Post by k5tra »

Another observation:
1) My repeaters running "ZUM Radio MMDVM for Pi (GPIO)" will display: "Not Linked"

2) My repeater running "STM32-DVM / MMDVM_HS - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO)" will display: "Service Not Started"

Thanks,
Tom / K5TRA
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Any different with a different modem selected?

I'm thinking of the "MMDVM_HS_HAT (DB9MAT & DF2ET) for GPIO" option. I've never had any success with the STM32-DVM setting.

I will add that I don't use P25 so it is a different setup here.
--

Brian G8SEZ
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

G8SEZ wrote:Any different with a different modem selected?

I'm thinking of the "MMDVM_HS_HAT (DB9MAT & DF2ET) for GPIO" option. I've never had any success with the STM32-DVM setting.

I will add that I don't use P25 so it is a different setup here.
I have several different mmdvm devices and of those that are being used for P25, so upon a cold boot it will display "service not started" if you either apply configuration or use the CLI to change the connected reflector the dashboard will state not connected.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk