Pi 0 board not initialized

Help setting up WiFi
KE7FNS

Re: Pi 0 board not initialized

Post by KE7FNS » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm

AF6VN wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 pm
In my experience -- somewhat limited -- if there is a wired ethernet connection, the WiFi will not be used. It confused me for some time when I set up my DVMega/R-Pi 3B -- I had a wired connection, kept adding the WiFi information in the control panel (even tried with my cell phone set to access point mode) and never got it to show up on WiFi. Finally, for some reason, I pulled the wired connection and rebooted -- and it's been happy ever since on WiFi. This is, true, different from the behavior of my other 3B running as a web server (with Raspbian Stretch) where both wired and WiFi come up; I had to manually take the latter down as I wanted only ethernet for that.
If you boot the latest Pi-Star_RPi_V4.1.0-RC4_27-Aug-2019.zip image, it no longer operates that way, both devices will come up and receive IP addresses simultaneously (if wifi settings are configured). I was surprised when I first noticed it, it was discussed in another thread recently. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2061&start=10#p10409

He never mentioned which version he was running, but from his hotspot page on brandmeister it shows him as running 4.1.
All views, comments, posts and opinions shared are entirely my own.

AF6VN

Post by AF6VN » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:41 pm

KE7FNS wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm
He never mentioned which version he was running, but from his hotspot page on brandmeister it shows him as running 4.1.
The OP has apparently tried various versions (if this works: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2158&start=10#p10544 )

I'd also like to apologize to the masses for the quantity of stuff I've been putting into my posts -- essentially I'm following/posting the steps that I would be taking to debug the matter.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber

KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:47 pm

AF6VN wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:41 pm
The OP has apparently tried various versions (if this works: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2158&start=10#p10544 )
Ok, but the brandmeister page is going to show the most current information.

KE0DVW

Post by KE0DVW » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:40 am

I will connect the RPi 3b after I resolve the protective case. I will be able to provide the information you requested.

I replicated the working SD card on several SD cards. They all worked regardless of the SD card maker.

In the beginning of my problems, I have a RPi 0 W with a working SD card. I put the working SD card into the RPi 3b with a 3.2 inch Nextion display, and everything worked great. Then I put the working SD card back into the RPi 0 W. Everything works fine except the OLED display. Is there a setting in configuration or expert that I can change to turn on the OLED?

I can use Administration in pi-star, and I can see the Jumbo spot is working fine. I am able to communicate on the channels I have programmed into the code plug.

Thank you,
Steve

KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:48 am

KE0DVW wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:40 am
Is there a setting in configuration or expert that I can change to turn on the OLED?
Yes, the same setting you used to change it from an OLED to a Nextion in the first place. It does not automatically detect a Nextion and change the settings for you, so you had to have of changed it in the first place.

Its right on the main configuration page under MMDVM Display type.

KE0DVW

Post by KE0DVW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 am

You are 100% correct. I didn't notice that the setting had been changed. Thank you for your help and patience. Steve KE0DVW