IPSC2-NL & DMRGateway not connect DMR*

Help with DMR issues
pd1loi

Re: IPSC2-NL & DMRGateway not connect DMR*

Post by pd1loi »

I don't think this is gonna work with the DVMega. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Just to enforce what Torsen has said above...
If you own a simplex MMDVM device you can only use one TS, usually TS2.
Only a duplex MMDVM device can use both TS1 & TS2 simultaneously.
Only a duplex MMDVM device can be set to run in duplex mode. A simplex device won't run dual slot.

It's been ages since I've connected with or used DMR+ connections, and I'm not up too spped with them currently, but presuming the need to use TG8 local with DMR+ still applies here when running with more than one server (network) connection within dmrgateway? ie TG8 DMR+, TG6 XLX etc. ??? Take it as is, as I'm way behind on this.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
pd1loi

Post by pd1loi »

I already suspected that, I'll leave it as it is.
I've been listening on DMR+ for a while now, but here on the IPSC2-NL server there's not much to hear.
Thanks all.
VE6DV

Post by VE6DV »

I wonder if you need to setup TGRewrite as well as your options= line in order to hear the activity. For example, on my hotspot if I don't enter the following in the TGRewrite line in the expert setting, I don't hear any activity whatsoever from the IPSC2-QuadNet server on talkgroup 320. So in my options= line I have the following:

StartRef=;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=320;TS1_2=;TS1_3=;TS1_4=;TS1_5=;

Then under Expert settings, DMR GW (DMR Network 2) I have the following TGRewrite command:

What this does for me is any time I use talkgroup 320, it routes that transmission to the IPSC2-QuadNet server. All other talkgroups go to brandmeister.

Hope this helps,

Jeff VE6DV
73 - Jeff VE6DV
pd1loi

Post by pd1loi »

I've been testing with my DVmega for quite some time but I think I know why it doesn't work with me. The picture shows the setting that only the DMR+ network is on. This way I can't connect to DMR+. On picture 2 below only DMR+ is switched on and then I will get connection to DMR+. If I turn on DMR BM at picture 1, BM will work as usual. All in all an error in Pi-star software.
Naamloos.png
Naamloos.png (37.64 KiB) Viewed 6040 times
Naamloos1.png
Naamloos1.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 6040 times
pd1loi

Post by pd1loi »

Yeah, okay, but with DVMega you can't make profiles, that's the problem.