DMR Talk Group Setup

Help with DMR issues
KD7AAT

DMR Talk Group Setup

Post by KD7AAT »

I've been out of the loop for quite some time and just getting back into DMR and such. There was talk way back about making the software where you could change TG's on the fly instead of having to go to the config page and enter/update.
Has anything changed or is it still the same way to change TG's using a Yaesu FT2D?
Thanks. KD7AAT John
KD7AAT

Re: DMR Talk Group Setup

Post by KD7AAT »

KE7FNS wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:49 am Setup your radio up so that there is one talkgroup per channel, then you just switch to whatever channel you want and it will automatically transmit on that corresponding talkgroup.

Not exactly sure how yaesu does it, but I'm sure its similar to the other brands out there.
Using pi-star on a hot spot that won't work. Thanks anyway.........
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

The Yeasu is a system-fusion radio and requires use of the cross-mode feature of Pi-Star system to work DMR.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... lh5MogetGi (bloody google tracking overhead) indicates that the Pi-Star configuration menu is still the only way to change talk groups, since I don't recall any major feature announcements in 4.1.x to the effect.

Same information viewtopic.php?t=275
https://0x9900.com/ysf-to-dmr-cross-mode-on-pi-star/

This is the only mention I've seen so far of changing from the radio https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star-c ... 2dmrconfig

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
KD7AAT

Post by KD7AAT »

AF6VN wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:30 pm The Yeasu is a system-fusion radio and requires use of the cross-mode feature of Pi-Star system to work DMR.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... lh5MogetGi (bloody google tracking overhead) indicates that the Pi-Star configuration menu is still the only way to change talk groups, since I don't recall any major feature announcements in 4.1.x to the effect.

Same information viewtopic.php?t=275
https://0x9900.com/ysf-to-dmr-cross-mode-on-pi-star/

This is the only mention I've seen so far of changing from the radio https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star-c ... 2dmrconfig
Thanks for the info and it's along with what I thought that it's still only in the config to change TG's. Hope to see that change in the near future.....
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

4.1 has the ysf passthrough feature.
Where you can select TGs reflectors ect.

If Ur not using 4.1 I don't think it's available to earlier 3.4 releases.

Check the ysf passthrough button in the config.

Call via wires X button
Choose YSF2DMR (ysf2nxdn)
Unlink *
Then connect again (wires X button)
and you'll be given a choice of BM connections.
Choose the TG
And talk through.

Calling the links might be different with Ur particular radio, as I know the procedure differs between the ones I own.

But it's basically Link ysf2.... >> Disconnect >> connect agn >> get the list of TG's/ reflectors. Choose whichever you want>> talk through.

To get back to the list of YSF. Disconnect >> choose other ysf2... or other ysf connection.

I can connect to any ysf2... And it's TG/reflector Via the yaesu radio

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KD7AAT

Post by KD7AAT »

M1DNS wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:16 pm 4.1 has the ysf passthrough feature.

Call via wires X button
Unlink *
Choose the TG
And talk through.

Calling the links might be different with Ur particular radio, as I know the procedure differs between the ones I own.

But it's basically Link ysf2.... >> Disconnect >> connect agn >> get the list of TG's/ reflectors. Choose whichever you want>> talk through.

To get back to the list of YSF. Disconnect >> choose other ysf2... or other ysf connection.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)
Thanks so much Andrew for the info. I saw the switch in the config, slid it over but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Got your info printed out in front of me. Tomorrow it will be given the test. ;)
KD7AAT

Post by KD7AAT »

KD7AAT wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:53 pm
M1DNS wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:16 pm 4.1 has the ysf passthrough feature.

Call via wires X button
Unlink *
Choose the TG
And talk through.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)
Thanks so much Andrew for the info. I saw the switch in the config, slid it over but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Got your info printed out in front of me. Tomorrow it will be given the test. ;)
Well I think I am almost there but when I connect the Wires X on the radio I don't see where the list of TG's is. On my FT2D I can do the search and direct but using the "All" list is cludgy. Putting in a TG number in the enter window doesn't work.
Help......hi hi.........
KD7AAT

My Smart Phone Is Smarter Than Me And I'm Having A Hard Time With This Crossover Setup.....

Post by KD7AAT »

To start with I have a Yaesu FT2D. I am using a Nano Spot with Pi-Star version 3.14.17. From the beginning I learned how to use the X button and the band button to turn things off and on. I learned how to put in a different TG in the settings, how to put in a YSF start up host and DMR master and such.
I have been on lots of TG's and other places but this newest switch I can't figure out.......

The wires-x pass through switch. I read all of the instructions, I have tried everything I can, I come up with this and that, and still some parts don't just work or show up.

Just having YSF mode and YSF to DMR turned on. Or do I need more???

First of all do I put in a YSF host in the config? Do I put in a DMR master in the config? Do I put in a DMR TG in the confing?

Unlink using the *
I can only access the DTMF when NOT in X mode. I have it setup to dtmf when I hit the ptt.

You will be given a choice of BM connections.
Where is that? Search and direct I have used in the past but where is the list without scrolling through (999) listings it says.

I'm lost and would appreciate any help. One on one or off to the side would be great. Thanks........
John KD7AAT
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

You'll need to update to 4.1
The feature were using here isn't (and most prob. won't be) available in the older 3.4.** versions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KD7AAT

Post by KD7AAT »

As I posted above I am running 3.1 4.7 and the wires X crossover switch is in my setup. Thanks
Last edited by KD7AAT on Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.