Rewrite Rules in Simplex Node

Help with DMR issues
VK3HAW

Rewrite Rules in Simplex Node

Post by VK3HAW »

Within the DMR configuration, the DMR Master "DMRGateway" has some default rewrite rules, which can be edited.

When selecting either DMR+ or BrandMeister as Master, there doesn't seem to be any rewrite rules, but I assume that there must be some somewhere as TS1 is disabled.

Are the rewrite rules handled by Pi-Star or by the Master Servers? If they are handled by Pi-Star, is there some config file that is editable?

Thanks
VK3HAW
n9mxq

Re: Rewrite Rules in Simplex Node

Post by n9mxq »

If you have a simplex hotspot, there is not TS1. You need a duplex hotspot for both time slots.
Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
VK3HAW

Post by VK3HAW »

Yes, I have a simplex hotspot.

No, TS1 is not enabled, it is disabled.

The question is, where are the rewrite rules for TS1 defined, in Pi-Star or in the Master server?
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

Configuration --> Expert Mode -> DMRGATEWAY (under the full editor ) as the top one is in GUI form - the full editor show in textual form.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

VK3HAW wrote:Yes, I have a simplex hotspot.

The question is, where are the rewrite rules for TS1 defined, in Pi-Star or in the Master server?
On a simplex hotspot, ts1 is supposed to be disabled. TS1 is not available on a simplex hotspot. Period.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

As said many times. You'll need to use a duplex installation to have both ts1 and ts2 available

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

VK3HAW wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:27 pm Yes, I have a simplex hotspot.

As I understand it, there are no time slot rewrite rules for simplex hotspots. The hotspot only captures/sends TS2. Assignment of talk groups to time slots is something done at the repeater/hotspot level and does not propagate beyond that level (just as "color code" is only used between your radio and the hotspot/repeater). Only the talk group number has meaning to the master servers.

Can't speak for a duplex hotspot...

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
VK3HAW

Post by VK3HAW »

Thank you all for your kind replies
AF6VN wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 pm
Assignment of talk groups to time slots is something done at the repeater/hotspot level and does not propagate beyond that level (just as "color code" is only used between your radio and the hotspot/repeater). Only the talk group number has meaning to the master servers.
This answers my question, which last night I came to the conclusion to myself. It is done at server level.

Let me shed light on the specific situation that led me to ask the question. My simplex hotspot (TS2 only) is connected to DMR+_IPSC2-VKHOTSPOT http://hot.vkdmr.com/. This allows me to connect to TG5 and TG3809 (TS1) using "DMR+ Options=TS1_1=5;TS1_2=3809;TS2_1=505;". and transmit/receive to them. Congratulations to the VKDMR team and their hard work is appreciated. I apologise for making myself confused.

Edit: Using TG3809 TS2 on my radio.

Edit 2: I stand corrected, the rewrite rules can be defined in DMRGateway where TS1 can be brought over to TS2 for simplex hotspot.