Add a reflector

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
w5lms

Add a reflector

Post by w5lms »

Hello I’m W5LMS I have a nanospot currently on YSF . My problem is I need to get added the reflector FCS 00363 it is not on the list and I currently want to talk on this reflector the only way I can currently is with a open spot 1 . What can I do to get this reflector added thanks 73s
N8EI

Re: Add a reflector

Post by N8EI »

I was just about to post something similar about a missing YSF ID. It looks like the list at http://www.pistar.uk/downloads/YSF_Hosts.txt hasn't been updated in the last few days? I put YSF #63340 online a few days ago and have been waiting for it to show up in the list.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Are the reflectors registered and showing on the hosting resources. If they arnt registered or showing in their native sources they won't get pulled into pistar.
Does the YSF reflector show on the YSF registry pages.
Does the FCS room show on the FCS reflector pages.

Pistar uses the online lists provided by the hosting service.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N8EI

Post by N8EI »

Andrew - do you know what the refresh interval is? Mine has been on register.ysfreflector.de (#63340 US XLX331) for ~4-5 days now but hasn't made it into Pistar yet.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Afaia the pistar webserver polls the registry each day, then presents it to ur install, updating the host files with the nightly maintenance process that run in the early hrs. each morning.

If you don't keep ur install running 24/7 for the updates to action, you'll need to run a manual update.

running pistar-update on the command line via SSH or
Clicking the update link on the dashboards admin page.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N6VL

Post by N6VL »

I see a new reflector was added in last 24 hours or so. But it wasn't one requested by the OP!
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

N6VL wrote:I see a new reflector was added in last 24 hours or so. But it wasn't one requested by the OP!
'We' dont manually add reflectors. The list populates at source from the YSF registry. If a new one has been registered with them pistar updates will add it to the host list with it's nightly maintenance or (if ur install doesnt run 24/7) when you next run a manual update

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N6VL

Post by N6VL »

M1DNS wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:21 pm
N6VL wrote:I see a new reflector was added in last 24 hours or so. But it wasn't one requested by the OP!
'We' dont manually add reflectors. The list populates at source from the YSF registry. If a new one has been registered with them pistar updates will add it to the host list with it's nightly maintenance or (if ur install doesnt run 24/7) when you next run a manual update

YSF registry? For FCS reflectors? Just curious...
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

N6VL wrote:
YSF registry? For FCS reflectors? Just curious...
Yeah good point, i missed were talking FCS as of the top of the thread.

FCS are handled similarly, it still comes from source. only this time the source is with the Xreflector/ Connect Plus group that host FCS.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.