change temp fro celcious to fahrenheit

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KE7FNS

Re: change temp fro celcious to fahrenheit

Post by KE7FNS » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:22 pm

WD0AJG wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:37 pm
The command in MMDVMHOST used to work and show Temperature in F... but as of the last update it now only shows for a few seconds before reverting back to C. I have three hotspots. 2 on PI3A+ and one is duplex on a Pi 3B+ and all with Temp readout on the Nextion now only show C.
When you say "update" what are you refering to?

Do you have DisplayTempInFahrenheit=1 set correctly and in the correct section in the configuration?
Last edited by KE7FNS on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:

WD0AJG

Post by WD0AJG » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:11 pm

It worked before the last update to 4.1.0.rc8. at least for me. Now on 4.1.0(RC8) they jump back to C value on the nextion display. It briefly shows F value when it starts up.

In addition on my two 3A+ hotspots (with 3.2 nextion via usb-ttl) they are locking up? At present I am testing via another 3A+ one piece at a time. ran the pi 3A+ with no hat and no screen over night and it did not lock up. today it will run with mmdvm hat (no screen) and see how that goes for a day or two. I run a usb voltage tester and checked the via "dmesg | grep -i volt" and see no voltage problems (yet) on the 3A's but did through other checking see an issue on my 3B+ that has a 7 inch "P" screen (another issue I will have to work on). Neither of the 3A's locked up when I was using 4.0.0 and they run about 7+ degrees cooler on 4.0.0 vs 4.1.0. I know the limits are much higher but I wonder if running around 57 C might be an issue so I am doing more tests for that

KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:25 pm

WD0AJG wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:11 pm
It worked before the last update to 4.1.0.rc8. at least for me. Now on 4.1.0(RC8) they jump back to C value on the nextion display. It briefly shows F value when it starts up.
Sorry, but it is impossible that this is related with updating to RC8. There were no changes in the RC8 update that could of impacted your issue. MMDVMHost is still the exact same version as it was built 3 months ago. Even my hotspots which are updated to RC8 are not displaying what you are reporting, so I'm leaning on thinking this is something you have done.
WD0AJG wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:11 pm
I know the limits are much higher but I wonder if running around 57 C might be an issue so I am doing more tests for that
No, that is completely normal for a RPi without a heat sink installed. The CPU will detect a temperature increase and begin throttling it around 82C to combat the heat to protect it. 85C is the limit, you are nowhere near it, even if it hits that temp it doesn't just burst into flames and destroy itself.

I really don't know what is going on, but I would suggest just formatting and starting over from scratch and seeing if you can get it back to the way you want it. (if you restore it from a backup, you will probably just restore the bad setting that is screwing everything up, so I wouldn't do that) That would take much less time than to try to determine what configuration setting you have set incorrectly.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: