YSF2DMR Broken ???

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
G8OGJ

Re: YSF2DMR Broken ???

Post by G8OGJ »

Right, I have determined that my home Mikrotik router IS supplying DNS but supplies its own address as dns sever - which most other devices including the multiple Raspberry Pis that I run can use. BUT I have now added the four open-dns server addresses to the DNS server list (so now there are five - the router (which itself links to open-dns) AND the open-dns addresses.

NOW I can ping github.com! Needless to say after a reboot the ysf is still unlinked.

I will now perform an update and see what gives...

Thanks for the help so far!

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

My Resolv.conf File

/etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 192.168.4.1

----------------------------------------
optional nameserver 8.8.4.4

Phil VE3RD
G8OGJ

Post by G8OGJ »

Further to my last, ysf still remains not linked:-(

What I have is:

YSF and YSF Net - both green.

YSF Network - not linked

YSF2DMR - Brandmeister United Kingdom

P25 Radio - linked to TG30639

NXDN - linked to TG30639

I had turned on the YSF to other network links to see whether that made any difference - it seems that I can connect to anything BUT ysf! Before the DNS change these were ALL not linked.

Ian
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

Possibly the reflector you are trying to use???

I just setup ysf to reflector YSF53632 - US TGIF TGIF31665 and it came up running

Phil VE3RD
G8OGJ

Post by G8OGJ »

Phil,

Fair point - I played around with several nodes including the one that you mention and nothing happened so I 'gave up'. After a break of over 30 minutes I noticed that it had connected. So I played around a little further and it is now connected to CQ UK (I suppose my preferred) but it took over 15 minutes to connect whereas D-star connects to the default node within 30s.

Any idea why it should take between 15 and 30 minutes to connect? I am now happy that there WAS a DNS problem and that is now resolved:-)

That said it IS now connecting - thanks for your help!

Ian
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

The initial problem appears to be fixed, I now get audio in both directions

However, taking the YSF2DMR to the next level and trying to change talk groups from the radio has an interesting twist

The following is from my log based on the FT70

M: 2020-02-26 15:44:36.820 DMR ID of VE3RD: 3023954
M: 2020-02-26 15:44:36.820 Connect to TG 31665 has been requested by VE3RD
M: 2020-02-26 15:44:36.820 Sending DMR Disconnect: Src: VE3RD Dst: TG 4000
M: 2020-02-26 15:44:48.827 Timeout changing TG

The Disconect TG 4000 shows up in the TGIF Lastheard
The TG does actually change, but the radio locks up in the En # screen with a connect failure.
If you clear the En # Screen, and go to the Lc Call screen, it works and you are now on the new TG

I created a short list TGList_BM.txt that does have 31665 in it

It appears that the YSF2DMR module times out waiting for a response to the TG Change
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

I hacked YSF2DMR as follows and it now functions just fine. It basically ignores the timeout and says all is well
I and many others would appreciate a REAL fix to this problem.

// if ((TG_connect_state != NONE) && (TGChange.elapsed() > 12000)) {
if ((TG_connect_state != NONE) && (TGChange.elapsed() > 4000)) {
LogMessage("Timeout changing TG");
// TG_connect_state = NONE;
TG_connect_state = SEND_REPLY;
}
K7LPK

Post by K7LPK »

I'm having an issue with YSF2DMR on the Pi-Star. I successfully set up a pi-star (MMDVM & Raspberry Pi Zero W) a couple of days ago, using the latest pi-star firmware. Using my Yaesu FT-991A, I'm able to successfully use YSF mode, select and change YSF reflectors from the radio, and can even use FCS rooms.

The problem is, I've only been partially successful in trying to get YSF2DMR to work. I'm set up to access Brandmeister talk groups, and can see the various talk groups showing up on the 991A, but I'm unable to connect to any of them. The pi-star logs were no help, and for a while, I thought it might be a port issue on my router, but that's not the case. I do have BM_United_States_3101 selected, along with my password, and have tried other DMR Master sites. My DMRID has been entered as well, and I know my DMR ID is good, as it works on DroidStar running on my Android phone.

I've followed all the guides, Youtube videos, etc., but no joy. It looks like I have everything set up correctly. YSF & YSF2DMR modes are selected, BER is anywhere from 0 - 0.7% on RF with 0% loss. YSF startup host is YSF00002. DMR Master is BM_United_states 3101. DMR TG is set to 31000. Uppercase Hostfiles and Wires-X passthrough are both enabled. I've tried opening up ports on my router that seem to be used by the Pi-Star for YSF and DMR, but it doesn't make a difference. I tried setting Pi-Star up on a DMZ as well, but no success.

For all working modes, I can see the green LED on my Yaesu FT-991A illuminate when it's receiving data from the network, such as YSF & FCS reflectors in YSF mode, and it also flashes green when connecting to a specific reflector. When in YSF2DMR mode, I can see the led blink green when downloading the various Brandmeister Talk Groups to the radio, but when I try to connect to a specific Talk Group, I don't see the led flash green, and the message on the radio comes up "Offline Error". Also, the logs show that nothing is coming back from the network when I try to connect to a talk group. Temperatur on my Pi-Star is 94.5 deg. F / 34.7 C.

I'm running out of things to try. I could be satisfied just working with FCS and YFS reflectors, but would really like to get YFS2DMR to work. Hopefully, someone here has seen this before and has a suggestion that will get allow me to get up and running.

Thanks,
Larry
K7LPK
K7LPK

Post by K7LPK »

I downgraded from 4.1.2 to 3.4, and can confirm that YFS2DMR works in the older version of firmware. So it looks like something got broken in 4.1.2 with respect to YFS2DMR functionality.

Larry
K7LPK
OZ2BKK

Post by OZ2BKK »

Hi all

Does the YSF2DMR work on Pi-Star 4.1.5?

My YSF, YSF XMode, YSF NET and YSF2DMR are all green, but my DMR radio os still very quiet, even with YSR stations displayed on my Pi-Star hotspot display...

What about Colorcode in the YSF2DMR settings?

Bjarke
OZ2BKK