Update to latest YSFGateway code

Suggest new features here
kb2ear

Update to latest YSFGateway code

Post by kb2ear »

Please update to the latest YSFGateway code so we can support the FT3 GPS and add Wires-X passthrough for XLX. I have compiled the latest code from github and replaced the included binary without any issues.

Scott KB2EAR
K2IE

Re: Update to latest YSFGateway code

Post by K2IE »

@KB2EAR, thanks for calling my attention to this. I installed the updated G4KLX code for YSFGateway today on my RC8 system and it works wonderfully. I am now able to switch modules on my XLX.

Tom, please give consideration to incorporating this at the earliest possibility.

Dan K2IE
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

k2dls wrote:
Tom, please give consideration to incorporating this at the earliest possibility.

Dan K2IE
Tom. ??

There's a possible issue found in the new YSFgateway release, so currently work in progress.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

Ha-

I know of someone named Tom Taylor, so I suppose my brain is scrambled from too much social distancing! Apologies to Andy, Tom or whoever is behind that curtain. :)

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Pulled built and punted into the update system... but...

It mostly works, but the passthrough code still needs some work. I'll see if we can come up with a work-around for that.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
kb2ear

Post by kb2ear »

What kind of issues are you seeing? I have been testing for a few days and all works as expected.
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

Thanks very much Andy.

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

kb2ear wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 pm What kind of issues are you seeing? I have been testing for a few days and all works as expected.
When you connect to an XLX, you then have to turn off Wires-X mode and turn it back on again to be able to control where you are linked on the XLX.

With the rest of the pass-through systems that is not the case, this is due to the way WiresX commands (and the replies) are targeted.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
kb2ear

Post by kb2ear »

I thought that was normal, as I have had to back out and come back in to YSF2NXDN and YSF2P25 for as long as I can remember. But in playing with it today I see that I can get a room list from YSF2NXDN but it takes 2 tries to connect to a room. And the same on YSF2P25. I think that may be because of the voice announcement killing the ack.

But anyway, at least is usable as it sits now.

Thanks for all of your efforts & 73,
Scott KB2EAR