Why no DMR2YSF users are being heard anymore, and how to get around it

General support for the Pi-Star System
AE5JO

Re: Why no DMR2YSF users are being heard anymore, and how to get around it

Post by AE5JO »

Update - when using an Openspot as RF bridge between YSF reflector and DR2 repeater, it will repeat locally but does not pass to WIRES-X room. When I try using ZumSpot on Pi3B+ running PiStar 4.1.0 to try to bridge YSF reflector and same repeater, the repeater doesn't even repeat the signal though I can hear it on the input.

Everything passes fine from the repeater/WIRES-X room to the YSF reflector so the YSF users can hear the WIRES-X users, but not vice versa.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

For us, what you have reported has been the case for a very long time. Continued updates in yaesu repeater firmware broke the ability for us an age ago. But, 'luckily' the three wires nodes here have all been removed from lack of interested parties using them, so fer us it's no longer an issue. We have one aesu repeater locally here now which is stand alone with near zero users.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
EI2GLB

Post by EI2GLB »

Follow up from the Facebook post, I have updated Pi-Star I can connect and have a qso but when I unlink from the original TG, when I search again it gives me the ysf list and not the DMR list that I originally had,

Only way to get the DMR list is to reset the Pi-Star software and go again,
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Don't do another follow up x call...

viewtopic.php?t=1394

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
EI2GLB

Post by EI2GLB »

Thanks Andrew

So how do I get back into YSF2DMR after I disconnect, resetting the Pi isn't easy as I'm running a gateway so I'm not at the pi if you know what I mean,

Thanks
Trevor,
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Leave all the start up entries blank.

Use an initial Xkeyup to select the link.
ie a std YSF ref. ysf2dmr ysf2nxdn etc etc.
Then back out of x mode. X key agn gives you the choices for the cross over links.
It BM TG's NXDN reflectors etc. Use the X command to select the connection. Back out of x mode agn.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
k7ovg

Post by k7ovg »

i'm running last year's version of pi-star kernel 4.19.17. The older version allows for painless switching of the fusion groups from my dmr handheld.

I tried to "upgrade" to the newest version of pi-star kernel 4.19.97 and the dmr side worked well but the dmr2ysf side did not work at all. The only difference appears to be the kernel version.
AD8DP

Post by AD8DP »

MW0MWZ wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:50 pm If you are running Pi-Star v4.1.0 - can you update and test this for me, I've pulled in the patch.
Apparently my notifications don't work correctly, I just saw this. Anyway, it works correctly, glad to see this made it into Pistar. The local DMR guys are happy to be able to talk on YSF reflectors again as well!

Not sure if you saw my later post to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2151 but I later learned that the radio ID is not needed after all. The key that made this work across Wires-X was changing the total frames from 7 to 6 and using the DT1 byte sequence as shown in my INI file. You can change RadioID to ***** and CallMode to 0 and everything will still work correctly. FYI when CallMode is 1, a radio ID is required. When CallMode is 0, a RadioID is not required. It will be cool if ultimately you break all of the FICH settings and DT1/DT2 bytes out to the INI file as in my fork, so that changes like this can be made without rebuilding the software.
AD8DP

Post by AD8DP »

Heh, looks like you did all of this on github at the same time I posted the last message, looking good. Just note what I mentioned about the DT1 bytes on the github site.