YSF2DMR / YSF2NXDN / YSF2P25 - No RX from Network

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

YSF2DMR / YSF2NXDN / YSF2P25 - No RX from Network

Post by MW0MWZ »

Everyone, I worked on some changes for YSF2xxx modes today to see if I can fix up the issues with RX audio coming back from reflectors.

If you were seeing this issue, please update and give me some feedback here if this is now resolved or not for you.
If its not working I need to know what radio you are using please...
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
EB2AQH

Re: YSF2DMR / YSF2NXDN / YSF2P25 - No RX from Network

Post by EB2AQH »

Hi Andy,
Congrats, problem solved for YSF2DMR on all my YAESU C4FM devices.
FT-991
FTM100D
FT2D

Good job.
Thanks for your fantastic software.
73's
Inigo - EB2AQH
K3IM

Post by K3IM »

Problem solved for YSF2DMR on all my YAESU C4FM device.
FT-70D

Thank you!!!
hk4cze

Post by hk4cze »

Problem solved here also FT2D FT70D.. Thanks Andy

Jorge HK4CZE
M7SAV

Post by M7SAV »

Problem solved here also on my Yaesu ft3d.
Excellent work.
Cheers guys.
M7SAV.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Great news - I *think* we fixed it...

Bizarrely it always worked for me, I have FT-2D and FTM-100D, both worked OK, I've ordered an FT-70D also but managed to fix it before it arrived..
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
EI2GLB

Post by EI2GLB »

It works but I can't change TG's

If I push the X button I just get the YSF list and not the DMR List

I tried searching for #0??? and it can not find any Talk Group, have I to unlink through the software each time,

Thanks
Trevor
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Make sure you have YSF and YSF2DMR enabled and Wires-X Passthrough too, press the Wires X button, find YSF2DMR in the list, connect to that first.
Once you connect to YSF2DMR, search again and then you will see that its all of the DMR rooms.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
wb6dtb

Post by wb6dtb »

Andy,
I am having the problem with no audio when using YSF mode with Pi-Star 4.1.1. I am not using any of the YSF cross modes built into Pi-Star but I am connected to a YSF reflector with Pi-Star on my FT2D Yaesu radio. If the other station I am in QSO with is also on the same YSF reflector there is no problem the audio comes through ok. The problem occurs when I am listening on YSF reflector and the other station is using a different mode DMR, D-Star or FCS room which are being hardware bridged to other modes including YSF using hardware bridging between modes with an SharkRF Openspot 1. This also occurs when the other system doing mode bridging is using software bridging. This problem has just recently started occurring but I cannot say just when so it may not be related to the recent Pi-Star update/upgrade from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1. I am using a raspberry pi3b+ using a Zumspot GPIO board. I have both WiresX passthrough and Upper case hostfiles turned off in the YSF Configuration section. If I remember correctly I have another hotspot running a raspberry Pi3b with a DVMega single frequency board attached and running the older Pi-Star 3.4.17 version, and it does not have this lost audio problem when using this same YSF connection to this external mode bridging system. I don't have this older Pi3b with me at this location so I can't verify this until next week when I return home.
Hope this helps you troubleshoot this lost audio problem. If I switch Pi-Star from YSF reflector to an FCS reflector using this same external cross mode system there is no lost audio between FCS on my FT2D and the other station using DMR, D-Star or YSF. I can hear YSF audio transmission when I am using FCS mode, but the other station then also using Pi-Star on YSF mode does not hear my audio, so audio goes out on YSF but not heard on YSF.

Dave
K2CQW

Post by K2CQW »

MW0MWZ wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:31 am Make sure you have YSF and YSF2DMR enabled and Wires-X Passthrough too, press the Wires X button, find YSF2DMR in the list, connect to that first.
Once you connect to YSF2DMR, search again and then you will see that its all of the DMR rooms.
That seems to work, but I would like to connect to a specific TG, for example TG 8802. I tried #08802, no joy. America-link is TG 31656, #31656 doesn't work either. CQ-UK is TG2351, #02351 no good. Sometimes connecting to YSF2DMR searching ALL works, sometimes not.

***Update***
I had my first real DMR chat this morning with Charles, NK8O on Baynet, TG 31075. Charles gave me an excellent audio report. Hooray for Pi-Star
73 de John K2CQW