Btech DMR-6x2 HT

General support for the Pi-Star System
W1KGK

Btech DMR-6x2 HT

Post by W1KGK »

Is anyone getting the Btech DMR-6x2 ht to work with a Dual Hat Hotspot. It will work fine with the Dual Board set to simplex. Will TX and RX fine in simplex. When you change the Dual hat board to duplex. it won't hear or talk to the Hotspot. Is there a special box or button in the software to set like the Anytone 878 (since its a clone, as they say ) ???
73's
Kevin
AF6VN

Re: Btech DMR-6x2 HT

Post by AF6VN »

Information... We want... Information...

Describe the channel configuration in the code plug of the radio. If working duplex you need to define the transmit and receive frequencies on the channels being used with the hotspot, which have to be the converse of those in the hotspot.

Provide link to the specifications of the hot spot (preferably to the manual, not just poorly translated advertisement prose... For example "TX, RX frequency had better 10M or more apart." -- does that mean one is supposed to use a 10MHz shift? Normal shift for UHF is 5MHz. "UHF+VHF" -- uhm, the entire VHF (US) band is only 4MHz wide, going to be hard to support a 10MHz shift in that band!)

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

I have a friend when in simplex can hear just fine but the duplex board won't hear him - Pi-Star4.1.1 updated today (acxtually I made a new card to start fresh) I never thought of TX on Hotspot == RX on Radio -- see I have only used simplex (single antenna) boards.

I had a friend give me two duplex boards and I have never gotten it to work ....ever. Maybe I'll fire that one up again and see if that is the case. I was never able to find the correct offset so I gave up.

Thank you for the clue, but I amnot the OP so continue if you please.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

KE7FNS wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 pm Most likely you are not crossing over the frequencies. Whatever the configuration settings are in the hotspot need to be reversed in the BTech programming software.
My suspicion is that the OP hasn't even tried to program the radio for duplex... They state they changed the hotspot from simplex to duplex, but made no mention of any changes in the radio to match.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

There are also some duplex boards out there, that have simplex firmware on them - so watch out for that too :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

With the post by @KE7FNS giving me a clue of why I'm a dufus and not using my brain, I fired up the MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat I had from a friend and flashed a new card.

I found the modem to be the dual hat one by DB9MAT and crew/GPIO. I then did an MMDVMCAL and found the offset to be about -800 (got it down to about -600 by tweaking a bit. I then programmed TG 9 and Private 9990 in the 'pairing' I chose and tried it out....SUCCESS!!

@MW0MWZ - My friend that BOUGHT a whole setup took his home but called the guy and even he said to use the single firmware...on a dual board ... ummmm ...nope. I will try his on Monday

I did hoever find that with just DMR running (as that is all I have), I do use DMR2YSF and POCSAG though, that when keying up, sometimes my radio says it can't find the repeater. Just keep trying and iit will work, but seems intermittent. When it does work it seems to take about 3-4 seconds for this to work. Any suggestions on this? I mostly listen but would like a little better success rate on keying up.

OP, google my callsign if you want a little help. on the two club sites (you'll find them) is a phone number. I will help if asked but as my sig says I am no guru or expert. I just want to help others avoid my headaches.

I have online testing today so may not check in as much, but am usually lurking here too. Have a GREAT Day
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
VK3HAW

Post by VK3HAW »

Hi Kevin

You could try reducing the Tx power in Configuration>Expert>MMDVMHost, scroll down to "Modem" section, find "RFLevel". The default is 100, most people suggest changing this to 10, I have found performance is still ok for me setting it to 5. I understand this to be % of max power.

Hope this helps.

Stephen
K1SEH

Post by K1SEH »

I had this exact problem when transitioning from a simplex hat to a dupkex one. In your codeplug channel config, make sure that "Through mode" is UNCHECKED.

h/t to KE7FNS for catching my error!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Steve K1SEH