OLED display on RPi 3B+ not working... settings??

General support for the Pi-Star System
MW6WHL

OLED display on RPi 3B+ not working... settings??

Post by MW6WHL »

Hi All

So, I had a few issues with my MMDVM hotspot last night which have now been resolved, and I am also now setting up my RPi 3B+ to use as a mobile hotspot with the MMDVM hat for use when out and about mobile in my car. I will also eventually use this hotspot for both DMR and D-STAR.

I currently have it working fine on DMR, however the OLED display does not appear to display anything at all during any operation. Nothing is seen on startup, nor when I connect to any of the DMR Talkgroups. I have the OLED6 option selected in the Pi-Star dashboard, but though I am able to see all my Talkgroups activations on my Dashboard as normal, I am not seeing anything on the OLED display on the RPi.

Are there any other settings I should look at or is it different to using this hat on the RPi 3B+ compared to the RPi Zero W ?

Any pointers greatly appreciated. Ta.
G8SEZ

Re: OLED display on RPi 3B+ not working... settings??

Post by G8SEZ »

What is the diagonal dimension of your OLED? If it is 0.96" you want OLED type 3, if it is 1.3" then type 6.
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW6WHL

Re: OLED display on RPi 3B+ not working... settings??

Post by MW6WHL »

G8SEZ wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:26 pm What is the diagonal dimension of your OLED? If it is 0.96" you want OLED type 3, if it is 1.3" then type 6.
Oh dear. I feel really stupid now. :lol: :lol:

Humble Pie, with stupid flavoured sauce, topped with a spoonful of idiocity for dinner :D