Last Heard on Nextion Display

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KD4EG

Last Heard on Nextion Display

Post by KD4EG »

Hi Folks!

How do you enable the last heard on the Nextion Screen in DMR mode? Is their a option the enable it in pi-star?

Thanks!
Ted
WA6HXG

Re: Last Heard on Nextion Display

Post by WA6HXG »

It is coded in the Nextion screen programming.
KD4EG

Post by KD4EG »

I have installed the PD0DIB Model 6 3.2 SIMPLEX with Last Heard and LH TalkGroup version. Running with ZumSpot. No joy? Not sure why the LH is not showing. Most all else works as it should, except what is SO touch area respond to on the DMR page? It does not seem to work as well.
WA6HXG

Post by WA6HXG »

Make sure you set layout on config page to “G4KLX” and in config, expert, MMDVMHost, Nextion screen section set screen layout to “3” then if happens again see if pistar set it back to zero, happens from time to time :( SO touch area is where the code for Last heard is typically embedded.
KD4EG

Post by KD4EG »

Got itI Thanks for the comments! You have to change the screen layout in pi-star to 3. I was not clear on that.
WA6HXG

Post by WA6HXG »

I had the pleasure of messaging back and forth with Andy Taylor and now I’m the latest version of pi-Star we have an option on the configuration page of “ON7LDS 3” That is the setting you want, no more G4KLX with the conflicting 3 in the expert Nextion section which pi-Star would reset occasionally. Another nice addition is you may update your Pi Star from the config menu and upgrade from the expert page. Just make sure to repeat upgrade until it says already current like before. So many improvements! Andy rocks!!!
Last edited by WA6HXG on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

Ryan or Andy, can you explain the difference between ON7LDS L2, ON7LDS L3, and ON7LDS L3 HS? Thanks.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

Never mind, I found the answer on GitHub. It's amazing how much I'm learning through using Pi-Star ... a few months ago I didn't even know what GitHub was. Nice!
https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/blob ... /README-L3
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
WA6HXG

Post by WA6HXG »

Screen Layout:

0 Is the G4KLX Layout

2 or ON7LDS L2: Layout 2 is a no-nonsense layout. It is the original (G4KLX) layout with the Talker Alias added. TA color and fonts size can not be changed. At least not easily.

3 or ON7LDS L3: Layout 3 (as is L3 HS) is a layout without any predefined layout options (color, fonts). It sends the fields and information about what was sent to the display, so all layout processing can and should be done in the display itself.

4 or ON7LDS L3 HS: Is the same as L3 but instead of 9600 baud rate 115200 is enabled.

For more details see the Github page for g4klx/MMDVMHost
For my screen layouts check out https://github.com/WA6HXG/MMDVM-Nextion-Screen-Layouts

There you will find the Readme.md file explains all the details about the screen layout files available and an Instructions.md will explain everything about getting Nextion screens,connected, simple Nextion editing, and getting files compiled and to Nextion screens. (Must be viewed in Desktop Mode)
Last edited by WA6HXG on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WA6HXG

Post by WA6HXG »

Beat me to it. Github is awesome! Thank you for your tutorials, I hope you don't mind, I give your site address to hams new to digital modes all the time. It is an invaluable resource for all of us and I very much appreciate it!
Last edited by WA6HXG on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.