Lose connection to Local Web Server

All IP networking related issues
K0HYD

Lose connection to Local Web Server

Post by K0HYD »

Greetings!

I have searched many forums trying to find an answer to this issue. My Internet connection to the Raspberry Pi running Pi-Star is fine. The connection to the radio is fine I can work anyone I call.

The problem is on the local area network where the Pi-Star web server provides the Dashboard. My dashboard is only available about 10 percent of the time. It works great when it works but once it quits I cannot get it to come back. And, I also cannot make an SSH connection or a VNC connection with the Raspberry Pi. The only way to reset it is to crash the Raspberry Pi by turning off the power... not a safe operation.

I operate as net control on a weekly DMR net and rely on the Dashboard heavily while I'm running the net. Most of the time though it doesn't make it through half of the hour long net.

I tried restarting the service when it wasn't available but it wound up restarting the Pi every 5 minutes.

There has to be an answer to this problem. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks to anyone with a solution.

73 de Dale - K0HYD
K0HYD

Re: Lose connection to Local Web Server

Post by K0HYD »

KE7FNS

I'm on it! thanks for all the many suggestions. I think I'll try WiFi adapter or an Ethernet adapter on the Pi Zero W first and see what happens. I'll also double check the settings you suggested.

Sorry for the delay getting back. We had the Kansas QSO Parrty and I was busy getting ready for it and doing paperwork after.

I really appreciate the help!

Dale - K0HYD

BTW: The Flightaware that has the same problem is at 3B.
K0HYD

Re: Lose connection to Local Web Server

Post by K0HYD »

Thanks for reply KEFNS!

The 3B is WiFi. It's in a remote location next to 1090 MHz FlightAware antenna where there is no wired ethernet.

Router is a new Netgear RAX80 version 6 router.

I'm in the process of making a new image with Raspian 4.1.2. Just need to set up the WiFi and VNC connections before I swap the cards. Will then need to update the router as the image has the February version of V4.

Thanks!

73 de Dale - K0HYD