can't operate on Reflector 1C in crossmode.

Help with D-Star related issues
vk2spb

can't operate on Reflector 1C in crossmode.

Post by vk2spb »

I hope you can help me....I have a Jumbospot and Retivis RT3S DMR radio....I have previously crossmode from DMR to YSF and chosen "YSF48375 XLX140" in the YSF configuration menu of my Pi-star software.....This has previously allowed me to operate on Reflector 1C but now after following the steps just outlined I cannot access Reflector 1C....Is it operational or am I doing something wrong in the configuration menu?...Any help would be most appreciated.
G8SEZ

Re: can't operate on Reflector 1C in crossmode.

Post by G8SEZ »

Don't see how you can cross mode to DStar as the codecs are different which means you need an AMBE encoder somewhere in the chain. PiStar doesn't have this.
--

Brian G8SEZ
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

I suspect this is in the wrong forum... OP specified a DMR radio and use of DMR<>YSF link...

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

REF001C is a DStar reflector.

I was confused by the mention of YSF but he seemed to want DMR -> DStar.
--

Brian G8SEZ
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

G8SEZ wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:11 pm REF001C is a DStar reflector.

I was confused by the mention of YSF but he seemed to want DMR -> DStar.
http://xlx140.nix.pt/ Appears to be a node that bridges the modes, since the listing shows connections from D-STAR, YSF, and DMR radios. However, no idea regarding the 001C of the OP.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Possibly, I will admit that when I see XLX I must remember to think that it can do multi-protocol but I'm unsure about the re-encode step that is needed. I suppose if the server has an AMBE stick then it can.
--

Brian G8SEZ
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

G8SEZ wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 pm Possibly, I will admit that when I see XLX I must remember to think that it can do multi-protocol but I'm unsure about the re-encode step that is needed. I suppose if the server has an AMBE stick then it can.
I'm wondering if someone had cross-linked REF001C onto that XLX (or YSF #whatever) and the OP had been accessing that -- and likely the person who'd done the original cross-link of REF001C got banned (I'm pretty sure the traffic loads of REF001C and REF030C are such that the owners do not want them linked <G> )

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Simple: Dont.

Dplus Admins have stated befor their busier main reflectors shouldn't be crosslinked to any other system. Just because the ability exists, doesn't mean you should do it.

Cross linking 1c, 30c will get you and your bridge an instant ban when found out.
Remember you are a guest on these networks, it isnt your right to cross link and do as you choose with someone else network.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.