FM

G0FHM

FM

Post by G0FHM »

Hi Folks,

I'm experimenting with FM mode, as an option (subject to NoV obviously) to add FM as a standalone mode.

I'm struggling though. I'm using a BI7JTA modem board with VR2VYE MMDVM firmware.

I boot the system up, only to be met with:" E: 2020-09-16 10:31:55.548 Received a NAK to the SET_FM_PARAMS1 command from the modem"

Would I be right in thinking this is a lack of firmware support?

Cheers,

James G0FHM
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: FM

Post by M1DNS »

Any one wondering... 4.1.2 supports fm. Its just the config hasnt be set to handle its setup. Its poss to copy the fm section to your mmdvm.ini then youll have FM mode, providing your modem firmware supports it.

[FM]
Enable=1
# Callsign=
CallsignSpeed=20
CallsignFrequency=1000
CallsignTime=10
CallsignHoldoff=0
CallsignHighLevel=50
CallsignLowLevel=20
CallsignAtStart=1
CallsignAtEnd=1
CallsignAtLatch=0
RFAck=K
ExtAck=N
AckSpeed=20
AckFrequency=1750
AckMinTime=4
AckDelay=1000
AckLevel=50
# Timeout=180
TimeoutLevel=80
CTCSSFrequency=88.4
CTCSSThreshold=30
CTCSSLevel=20
KerchunkTime=0
HangTime=7
UseCOS=1
COSInvert=0
RFAudioBoost=1
MaxDevLevel=90
ExtAudioBoost=1

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

Andrew,

It would appear that it may be a modem firmware issue. Everything is as it should be in mmdvm.ini, but the moment I enable it I get the error that I posted in my original post and that is that, it all stops there and no mode works.

The modem supports POCSAG (although the vendor was adamant that it didn't). There are no firmware updates available, as he is already on to a different board and the firmware is different (unless I try to flash the firmware, but don't want to trash the board). Pity that!

Thanks,

J
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

G0FHM wrote:Andrew,

It would appear that it may be a modem firmware issue. Everything is as it should be in mmdvm.ini, but the moment I enable it I get the error that I posted in my original post and that is that, it all stops there and no mode works.

The modem supports POCSAG (although the vendor was adamant that it didn't). There are no firmware updates available, as he is already on to a different board and the firmware is different (unless I try to flash the firmware, but don't want to trash the board). Pity that!

Thanks,

J
Yes. sounds like it might be the issue and as Kevin replied above the firmware there is a old vers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

I'll have to get my magnifying glass out and have a look.

Will report back!
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

STM32446RE. Does that sound right? It was a total PITA to read with my eyesight :D :D
DSCF3016.JPG
DSCF3016.JPG (111.33 KiB) Viewed 7862 times
Photo for confirmation, for somebody to double check!

Thanks
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

Thanks for that!

Now I just need to find the code!

The only code that is on BI7JTA's site is the current code, which appears to have been stopped at that version. I've tried others, but the modem hasn't liked it, and i've had to revert to the current code.

Will have to keep digging!

Thanks again!

James
G0FHM

Post by G0FHM »

All fixed, found the code!

And it works!

http://dvswitch.org/files/HAM/MMDVM/Ver ... _f4_FM.hex

Thanks for your help!

James