DMR2YSF not working on some YSF rooms. TGList_YSF.txt not updated

Help with DMR issues
M7LKD

DMR2YSF not working on some YSF rooms. TGList_YSF.txt not updated

Post by M7LKD »

I recently found that DMR2YSF doesn't work on all YSF rooms. For example it works on CQ-UK-1 and 2 with the 70 prefix under DMRGateway (transmit, receive, drive the room change on radio, all good) but not on 44195 CQ-UK-3. I cannot drive the room change to 7044195 nor transmit in that TG once getting in the TG using pi-star config, but can receive. I later found that the problem is with /usr/local/etc/TGList_YSF.txt missing 44195;44195. Problem will be temporarily solved by manually adding this line but come back again once pi-srat updates itself. At the top of TGList_YSF.txt it says 'File created at Tuesday 8th of September 2020....' Sounds like all new YSF rooms defined or redefined after that date got missing from the list which causing the issue. Is TGList_YSF.txt designed to be updated with a huge interval or there is something wrong here? I found all the other TG or reflector lists are updated daily. Just TGList_YSF.txt seems to stay on 8th Sep. Anyone has a clue please?
W8LRJ

Re: DMR2YSF not working on some YSF rooms. TGList_YSF.txt not updated

Post by W8LRJ »

Thank you!!! I have been beating my head against the wall on this issue. I can verify that this is an issue and that adding the reflector Node ID to the TGList_YSF.txt file allows DMR2YSF to connect to a new YSF reflector.

Will that file be updated more regularly or maybe it got removed during a recent upgrade to the servers?
M7LKD

Post by M7LKD »

Hi W8LRJ, thank you for verifying this. If you look at the first line of the header of TGList_YSF.txt, it says # TGList_YSF.txt downloaded from http://www.pistar.uk/downloads/TGList_YSF.txt. And if you put that link in your browser you'll see the file. I guess all hotspots running pi-star still download TGList_YSF.txt from the server every day. However the server somehow stopped updating this file since 8th of September 2020.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

M7LKD wrote:
The server somehow stopped updating this file since 8th of September 2020.
Should now be fixed and updating agn.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M7LKD

Post by M7LKD »

M1DNS wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:31 am
Should now be fixed and updating agn.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Indeed, it's updated to 10th Jan now. Thank you!!