few questions on internet speed/local rf not being seen

Help setting up WiFi
W1WKW

Re: few questions on internet speed/local rf

Post by W1WKW »

thank's, i will try anything at this point, I have known him for 35 years, a good guy but he drives me crazy sometimes :D
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Check the config;

My wild guess is he has the hotspot set in Private mode, that means the callsign on the Hotspot has to match the callsign in the radio or it wont work (this would be why yours didn't work). - So also have him check what is in his radio too :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

W1WKW wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:07 am update: i have read other posts on this forum about non transmiting issues, one poster said this
the callsign set in the radio must match the way the call sign is set in pistar

is this correct ? I will tell him to check this.
Callsign and/or DMR ID must match IF the hotspot is set "Private"

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
W1WKW

Post by W1WKW »

i think that is what the issue is, heading back up to his qth now, i will report back, thanks again to all.
W1WKW

Post by W1WKW »

ok, here is what happened today:

went to his qth, i think this was trip 3.....

he had his call entered in his yaesu 400 as his call/his name in the pistar config it was only his call

So, i said, "Theres the problem :) "

changed it to reflect the same on both radio and pistar config, applied changes, pistar set to america link, heard all the lovely people no issue on RX, went to transmit when it was quiet and nothing, no local rf displayed... changed room to Parrot and again, No TX at all.

the radio is transmitting fine, it is brand new, i talk to him on repeaters and simplex no problem , the zumspot simply does not RX his transmission and I am at a standstill loss as to why.

I brought his zumspot home with me and guess what, it works fine here at my QTH :) soooooooooooooo now it HAS to be his radio right , what else could it be, is their anyways it could be something like a firewall issue with his computer?? But it does RX no problem, would something with his PC be blocking the zumspot from seeing his rf ?? I highly doubt it right ?

With all this said and the fact it works at my house with my radio without issue i can only come to the conclusion its something with his radio . Tomorrow is trip 4 :(

I will be bringing his zumspot back with all my setting on it, bringing MY ft70, and if it does not work at his qth I'm going drinking.

as always, any suggestions, im wore out :(
W1WKW

Post by W1WKW »

yes his ftm400 is using simplex mode, not using any encoders/no offsets, tx and rx on same simplex frequency in DN mode, the zumspot pistar config is also set for simplex, his zumspot works fine at my house using my radios "ftm300 and ft70". I did test his ftm400 against his analog dual band rig, and yes you can see it transmitting and hear the digital noise on the near bye analog rig, I thought of that too.

I think I have exhausted all possibilities at this point. I mean can you think of anything that i have not tried ? If when i go back there today it works with my ft70 but does not work on his 400, I will take his ftm400 and do a factory reset and try that, if it does NOT work on my ft70 after working at my house it has to be his pc ???? I am out of options.
W1WKW

Re: few questions on internet speed/local rf not being seen

Post by W1WKW »

this is fusion not dstar but i will have a look at that link , thanks.

as far as his radio, its a brand new ftm400xd, many people out there reporting it woks just fine with the zumspot pistar.

since i have exhausted all other causes, his pc is the only thing we have not looked at, if it simply just displays the dashboard then i guess thats out too.

I am heading back to his qth for the 4th and sadly LAST time on this issue, i can not waste my life doing this.

I will report back.

again his zumspot works great here, im taking it to his house, hooking it up to his pc and his wifi and keeping my info on it going to use my ft70, it all works here.... if it dont work there, his house is built on a burial ground.
W1WKW

Re: few questions on internet speed/local rf not being seen

Post by W1WKW »

FIXED

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok so, i went to his qth, i had his zumspot working at my qth, i left it like that, brought it to his place, transmitted on my ht, worked, opened his config, put in his call, transmitted on HIS radio and nothing, BUT............ i THEN SAID I AM FED UP, did a factory reset on his radio, presto, it works :)

something in his rig settings was the issue, thanks all that helped and made suggestions :)

He is happy and all is well.