DMR+ Dynamic Talk Groups

Help with DMR issues
NC9J

DMR+ Dynamic Talk Groups

Post by NC9J »

Hi,

Is there a way to configure a DMR+ talk group as "dynamic" (or PTT activated) on the Pi-Star?

I found several articles about how to configure the DMR+ options like these:
https://0x9900.com/dmr-with-pi-star/
https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/blob ... options.md

In my experiments this afternoon, it seems that talkgroups configured in the DMR+ options are in fact static, and only the talkgroups listed in the options pass traffic back to the IPCS2 server.

Why would you want to do this, you ask? I would like to access a couple of talkgroups that are not available on my local repeater and that are not available on BrandMeister. But not all the time.

Thanks and 73,
Clay NC9J
DG9FFM

Re: DMR+ Dynamic Talk Groups

Post by DG9FFM »

On IPSC2 Network all Talkgroups will be on demand (dynamic) and are able to activate with PTT and are available up to 10 Minutes.
Only with Options= Parameter configured Talkgroups are statical booked.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

DG9FFM wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:32 pm On IPSC2 Network all Talkgroups will be on demand (dynamic) and are able to activate with PTT and are available up to 10 Minutes.
Only with Options= Parameter configured Talkgroups are statical booked.
In the world of DMR+ (at least in the uk) it depends on what master you connect to also.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
DG9FFM

Post by DG9FFM »

No, the functionality of the static and dynamic talk groups is identical on all IPSC2 servers.
The static talkgroups can be booked on all IPSC2 with the help of MMDVM Options =.
If no options are sent, no talkgroup is statically connected.

The structure of the Options = line is as follows:

Code: Select all

Options=StartRef=4010;RelinkTime=30;UserLink=1;CQWW=1;TS1_1=262;TS1_2=110;TS1_3=1;TS1_4=20;TS1_5=0;TS2_1=2628;TS2_2=2627;TS2_3=0;TS2_4=0;TS2_5=0;

StartRef= 4xxx → desired StartReflector (4000 → no StartReflector)
RelinkTime= Time in minutes after which the StartReflector is connected again (after a manual change of reflector by user)
UserLink= Users are not allowed to switch reflectors (0) / Users are allowed to switch reflectors (1)
CQWW= CQWW Funktion opt-out / opt-in (0/1)
TS1_1= first statically booked talkgroup in timeslot 1
TS1_2= second statically booked talkgroup in timeslot 1
TS1_9= ninth statically booked talkgroup in timeslot 1
TS2_1= first statically booked talkgroup in timeslot 2
TS2_2= second statically booked talkgroup in timeslot 2
TS2_9= ninth statically booked talkgroup in timeslot 2

Please pay attention to the correct syntax and that between each parameter there must be a semicolon (;), also at the end of the line!
If TSx_x= is not used, please enter “0”: Example: TS2_2=0;

A maximum of 9 static talkgroups in timeslot 1, 9 talkgroups in timeslot 2, and a start reflector can be set at the same time.

NC9J

Post by NC9J »

Thank you all for your responses.

I found and fixed an error with the talkgroup rewrite rules on my Pi-Star. The traffic was going to the wrong timeslot. :roll:

I now see dynamic talkgroups on the IPSC2 status page like: xxxx (14) and my traffic is going through.

This is a cool feature.

73, Clay NC9J