New to pi-star ..HELP NEEDED.

General support for the Pi-Star System
m7jjm

New to pi-star ..HELP NEEDED.

Post by m7jjm »

Any one in uk HELP me on pi-star. Absolute novis here and not a clue on computers so I could do with someone to talk me through completely setting it up on WhatsApp or zoom . I'd love to have it because I can't have antennas in my garden so any help is appreciated 07506 792052 m7jjm. Jamie
W1KMC

Re: New to pi-star ..HELP NEEDED.

Post by W1KMC »

Not in UK but I can help get Pi-Star running. But word of caution here, don't post the same message in multiple places, it may boost your post count but also will make answers show up all over the multi posts so you never know which one to follow.

I can Zoom, but do not have me a host account. So instead, go to my website,<callsign>.us and look for video Chat, then video-linkup on left menu.

Let me know you are there my posting me a message using Blue Circle in lower right corner. This will allow me to video/chat and have you share your screen with me so I can see what you see, and walk you through it.

If you want me to do it for you, you will need to download Ultraviewer (ultraviewer.com), It's like TeamViewer, but TV thinks I'm commercial and I am not. For this however we need a voice pathway and I am in US, that would not be good.

If you have a Zoom account and can host, we can do that as Zoom allows control of screen, you would have to make me a host though, (I know this because I am a Volunteer Examiner and we used to do this for online testing)

Now since I read your other two messages posted in DStar specific help where you want to use your nd-380 tyt, sorry but that is NOT a DStar radio - it is a DMR radio and as of yet there is no DMR2DSTAR cross mode, so you'd be out of luck if you really wanted DStar.If you are in UK (either GMT or GMT+1) I am EST (GMT-5) so as of this post the times are 07:36 EST / 12:36 GMT. I am here all day.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
W1KMC

Re: New to pi-star ..HELP NEEDED.

Post by W1KMC »

Calling any other Gurus out there,

I was helping the Gent out today and updated to 20210305/4.1.4 and now neither the Modem or any settings in DMR (namely DMR Gateway (was going to see if he could hear me on DMR2YSF) ) are able to be held (Modem reset after apply changes.

I had that Once or twice but this is every Apply changes now, it wipes the Modem and also DMRGateway Masters (BM/DMR+) and I am not sure why or where to go now. He may need a ham in UK to help in programming a TYT MD380, as he has a chromebook and the TYT software is WinPC and won't load.

I try to help newbies get up and running (at least elementarily, but I do not know all nor can I fix all.

If anyone else can help him (or me) please reply and we can see what happens.

Thank you in advance from the two of us.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329