Re: DMR Host Files - Changes - Hotspot security password

Help with DMR issues
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

After Andy's most recent changes I now have one hotspot with BM connection which is fine but the other BM-connected hotspot which also has YSF enabled is refusing to log in despite resetting the server, hotspot password and several apply changes and a reboot. The DMR net status is yellow, log shows repeated login attempts failing.

Ah, spoke too soon, more changes incoming. Which seems to have sorted things out.
Last edited by G8SEZ on Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

OK well that wasn't fun...

Update your Pi-Stars, and the dashboard is all fixed up, BM passwords stay put once they are set now - that should really help for turning DMR off and on again etc too.

For anyone else playing along at home, update before visiting the config page and setting the new BM host should be less painfull.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

Okay, just updated another hotspot. After re-selecting my DMR Master, all was great. BM Hotspot Security password was there automatically, and I didn't need to click Apply Changes to apply it.

Nice work, Andy! Thank you.

Jason, nice to bump elbows with you again over a bit of troubleshooting!
Last edited by KE0FHS on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
g0hww

Post by g0hww »

Interestingly I just re-updated and when I went into the Configuration page I noticed that the DMR ESSID seemed to have reverted to the default. I don't know if it was like this when I initially had to reselect the master. I switched it back to 01 and applied the change.
Only then did I look at the Hotspots info on Brandmeister, where things looked as desired.
If it really was using the DMRId only without the ESSID, then it would have been colliding with my new OpenSpot3, but I hadn't experienced any issues that led me to think something was going wrong.