Pi-Star Dashboard not functioning

All IP networking related issues
2E0IZB

Pi-Star Dashboard not functioning

Post by 2E0IZB »

Hello

I'm posting here in the hope that someone can offer me some assistance. I have a repeater set up in my property and whilst I am not the 'Keeper', I tend to keep an eye on things and the core PI and MMDVM was originally set up by me.

Unfortunately, whilst the PI is still running, the repeater is still connected correctly to the host network (Phoenix E) and otherwise working okay, I am no longer able to connect to the web dashboard using either the shortlink http://pi-star or using its internal IP address. When I attempt to do so, I get 192.168.1.### refused to connect.

I have checked the router which is in order, and it's firewall, which is also fine and not blocking any connection to that IP.

Using PuTTY, I can connect to it using the same iP address and login, but unsure what to look at or what to check. I tried to run pistar-update but simply got a "command not found".

Anyone have any ideas or willing to do an MSTeams meet with me and help me out?

I would re-do the whole install, but the MMDVM is one of the very original ones using an arduino due card, and it was a challenge to flash the arduino last time with the up-dated firmware etc. Any suggestions are gratefully received. Are there better cards out there now-a-days which are easier to update?

Paul
2E0IZB

Re: Pi-Star Dashboard not functioning

Post by 2E0IZB »

Sadly its not showing the PI-STAR logo, but Im not entirely sure it ever did.

Unfortunately my knowledge of LINUX is sketchy at best.

The backup image was on my last PC which unfortunately went "pop" last year, and stupidly I never put a backup of the image into the cloud.

We have been getting reports in the last few weeks that the TGs on TS2 are not transmitting properly and from observing the XMT light on the GM340, I would agree... it seems to be not transmitting when it should be so I suspect there may be something adrift on the MMDVM board anyway. It works fine with the TGs on TS1.

Thank you for the link. This looks much more like what we need. It would make sense to start afresh so I will certainly give that some thought.

Does anyone know if this same sort of board is available in the UK?