WIRES X ON FT3D

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
m0mco

WIRES X ON FT3D

Post by m0mco »

Oh my life...this is driving me absolutely nuts !!!!...Please help :roll:

Here we go....Ive got a Yaesu FT3D which i use with a MMDVM hotspot.......Every time i want to change rooms i have to go to the configuration page and chose which room i would like to talk on and everything works fine. Now, im sure that you are supposed to be able to push the wires x button which allows you to change the rooms from the radio...right ?......my radio will not connect and in fact does not even show the wires x X on the screen......am i doing something wrong here ?

If i had any hair id of pulled it out by now :lol:

Many thanks
Mark
K2CQW

Re: WIRES X ON FT3D

Post by K2CQW »

I have same configuration. I do not understand your dilemma. Have you created categories wherein one can save reflectors one connects to? Have you done Search All? Have searched for anything? Like (gag) America Link? Download the FT3D Wires-x manual please.
This is a real MMDVM hotspot, not a zum or jum, right?
73 de John K2CQW
m0mco

Post by m0mco »

Hi John....Yes, it a MMDVM hotpsot. I can manually go into the dashboard config on the pc and change rooms but my radio will not connect to wires X...i press the wires X button but nothing happens. Im wondering if i have done something wrong in settings ?

Thx

Mark
K2CQW

Post by K2CQW »

Hi Mark: assuming your ft3d iTunes to your hotspot frequency, tapenyour DX button, then tapmit again. Your mmdvm hat scans those other useless modes. I had the same issue, just tap DX again. I just tested, first press nothing, second press connect.
73 de John K2CQW
m0mco

Post by m0mco »

Still no joy with this !...any ideas ?......My FT3D works perfectly through the MMDVM but i can only change the rooms via the config page and it will not connect via wires x no matter what i try :roll:

Thx all

Mark
N7DSG

Post by N7DSG »

Try using admin. You can select from the drop down. Not sure if this helps or not.
K7IV

Post by K7IV »

I had the same issue with my FT3D and my MMDVM - I would hit the "X" on the radio, see a short reply from the MMDVM but not connected to Wires-X. Luckily, I was fiddling with my modem holding it by the antenna base when I hit the "X" key on my radio and BOOM I was connected to Wires-X. Turned out that I had a bad board with cold solder joints on the antennas. I sent it back for a replacement and the new board works as expected. I can confirm that you can change YSF Networks from the FT3D with a properly configured modem.
K9JTV

Post by K9JTV »

I have experienced similar problems where the FT3D does not connect to the Hotspot at times. First thing, are you holding down the "X" until you hear it beeb and then see the flashing "X" on the display? If you are doing that then I have found that briefly "kerchunking" the Hotspot by pressing the PTT for a second or two seems to "wake up" the Hotspot. Then try pushing your "X" for a second or two until it beeps and you see the flashing "X" on your display. Also, just in case you are not aware, Wires-X only works on VFO A. VFO B is FM only.

Hope that helps.

-Jeff, K9JTV