Increase display hang time?

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
W4AEQ

Increase display hang time?

Post by W4AEQ »

I just installed the OLED on my HS_HAT v1.3.7 and it works as advertised.
Is there a setting to increase the time before the screen defaults to the "scrolling MMDVM" display? Sometimes, by the time I get over to the unit to look at the data, it's already gone.

Thanks!
wb6dtb

Re: Increase display hang time?

Post by wb6dtb »

The RF and NET mode timers on the configuration page control how long a mode remains locked on after the mode activity ends. This also affects the OLED display time.
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

That's what I was thinking as well.

But does anyone now how to rotate the display 180 degrees? I run a Pi0WH with the chinese board where the OLED is soldered to the radio board only, It works fine - Love it. BUT

The power is on a side that makes standing upright impossible -- placing the case so the display reads upside down make the power USB on top -- it would be nice to rotate the display so it reads right side up and the flat long ege makes it stale on a desk or display table at demonstrations.

A Nextion Display would be a nicety but I don't have one, and I CAN use my tablet with IP/mobile (My android tablet wont take the http://jumbospot/mobiloe so I use http://ip.ad.dr.es/mobile/ and it will show nicely in landscape mode but that is another piece to carry and power. rotating 180 degrees would be SO much easier.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

Hi,

Sorry to take this old item "back to live"...

I hope you've already fixed the OLED upside-down displaying.

Anyway and just in case here you have the explanation:

Config, Expert, MMDDVMHost, OLED Section, ROTATE:
Value 0, text starts by te antenna.
Value 1, text ends by the antenna
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an