DVMEGA doesn't hear RFinder B1

DV-Mega Single / Dual band Hat for the Raspberry Pi
K7GPS

DVMEGA doesn't hear RFinder B1

Post by K7GPS »

Awhile back, not sure when, my DVMEGA hotspot running Pi-Star 4.1.5 and Dashboard 721 no longer "hears" or logs my Rfinder B1. The hotspot works fine with my Anytone D878, and the 878 hears the B1 direct. Common problem was the B1 frequency offset, recommended -300Hz, and that's what it's set on. The B1 hears the hotspot ok for receive. I've checked and re-checked settings on the hotspot configuration to no avail. DVMEGA is HR3.26. Any ideas on what else to check? TIA. Dave K7GPS
K7GPS

Re: DVMEGA doesn't hear RFinder B1

Post by K7GPS »

Thanks for the suggestions, Jason.

- CC is 1 on hotspot and radio.
- All setup for simplex. That's all it's ever been. Used to work ~ 6-8 months ago. Fighting with it since.
- DMR ID correct in B1 and hotspot.

- I tried the MMDVMCal but got this:
Stopping Pi-Star Services...
MMDVMHost: no process found
MMDVMHost_NoOLED: no process found
MMDVMHost_Adafruit: no process found
Starting Calibration...
Version : 1, description: DVMEGA HR3.26
Board not supported
Starting Pi-Star Services...
mount: /: mount point is busy.
Finnished...
AF6VN

Re: DVMEGA doesn't hear RFinder B1

Post by AF6VN »

Just a random idea... What power level is the radio set at? Given the short distances used with a DVMega hotspot, make sure the radio is on the lowest possible power setting -- full power could be overloading the DVMega front-end. Even the typical 1W (as in my MD-390, MD-2017, AT-878) may require some space from the hotspot (my D74 used for D-STAR is just 0.5W on L and 0.05W on EL -- and EL is where I run it for hotspot access).

Google shows the B1 is also an Android based cell-phone -- and those often are configured to automatically update firmware. Could some firmware update have taken place on the phone that you didn't notice?

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber