new DMR2YSF version available with changes to allow TX over Wires-X

Suggest new features here
AD8DP

new DMR2YSF version available with changes to allow TX over Wires-X

Post by AD8DP »

In my post from a few weeks ago, I described the problem with DMR2YSF and new Wires-X software, and provided a workaround in the form of a software patch for DMR2YSF:

This was only meant to be a proof of concept for the MMDVM_CM software developer and others, with hard coded values. I was hoping to hear back from the developer by now, but I read some other posts on the MMDVM_CM github site and it looks like he is travelling for study/work pretty much full time these days, and isn't actively maintaining the MMDVM_CM tools. I rewrote my changes so that all variables that need to be changed for DMR2YSF TX to cross Wires-X nodes are user configurable via the DMR2YSF.ini file. The ini file my version is setup to behave the same as the current version of DMR2YSF, so effectively nothing changes until the end user makes settings changes. Here is a link to my fork of the MMDVM_CM software. All software is the same as the original except for the DMR2YSF software:

If access to DMR2YSF.ini (called simply /etc/dmr2ysf on a Pi-Star) is provided via the Expert menu, then end users could make the changes themselves that are required to communicate across Wires-X. I hope this will be added to the next Release Candidate.

Here is an example of settings that I use, and are hard coded in the patch I provided in the earlier post:

Code: Select all

[YSF Network]
RadioID=H5000
FICHCallsign=2
FICHCallMode=1
FICHBlockTotal=0
FICHFrameTotal=6
FICHMessageRoute=0
FICHVOIP=0
FICHDataType=2
FICHSQLType=0
FICHSQLCode=0
DT1=1,34,97,95,43,3,17,0,0,0
DT2=0,0,0,0,108,32,28,32,3,8
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: new DMR2YSF version available with changes to allow TX over Wires-X

Post by MW0MWZ »

Doug,

Andy is often not as available as he'd like to be, but please submit the pull request to his repo all the same, it takes very little effort on his part to pull it in and I am sure this would benefit the whole community.

Once he does pull it in, we'll add it to Pi-Star.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
AD8DP

Post by AD8DP »

Done
AD8DP

Post by AD8DP »

Hi Andy,

Well, it's been 3 months with no response to either my pull request or my issue post where I posted the patch details. Meanwhile, I am still getting asked on a regular basis when my changes will be added to Pi-Star. What do you think about going forward using my forked repo?

-Doug
AD8DP

Post by AD8DP »

I found another combination of settings that works across Wires-X boundaries and does *not* require a fake radio ID. Being able to modify these settings by the end user via the DMR2YSF.ini file is an important feature for DMR2YSF, I don't know why my patch/ pull request hasn't been added yet.

Code: Select all

[YSF Network]
RadioID=*****
FICHCallsign=2
FICHCallMode=0
FICHBlockTotal=0
FICHFrameTotal=6
FICHMessageRoute=0
FICHVOIP=0
FICHDataType=2
FICHSQLType=0
FICHSQLCode=0
DT1=1,34,97,95,43,3,17,0,0,0
DT2=0,0,0,0,108,32,28,32,3,8
IK7VXC

Post by IK7VXC »

Hi Doug,

Any chance that your fix might be exported to Dvswitch?

Thanks
Mike IK7VXC
73 de IK7VXC